• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what is the Modern Holy Grail? Top 10 Books?

53 posts in this topic

And BTW, I would never marry someone who did any kind of nude modeling. I would date them for sure wink.gif , but unfortunetly I can only treat a girl by the way she treats herself. If she portrays herself as a piece of @ss, that's how I'll treat her. mad.gif

until you see all the guys gawking at them in class!

Yep, that's half the reason I pump iron. The intimidation effect is important when dating hot girls, and high maintenance girls want to be defended.

Man, these posts sound like bragging. crazy.gifblush.gif

To be honest, I am not the jealous type. I usually sit a few rows down from her so I can have a good views of the ladies in class wink.gif Most people don't realize we are together until they see us in the parking lot which is rare tongue.gif

Now back to holy grails? confused.gif

It isn't jealousy so much as making sure people behave around her. I don't care if a girlfriend has guy friends, just as long as they stay in line. mad.gif

Ok now back to Holy Grails. Um...........the problem is there aren't really any modern grails. blush.gif It's all too atainable. grin.gif

i would say that there are more ASM 300's unslabbed lying around than DD 181's

Probably true, but ASM #300 has that tricky black back cover, not as many super high grade copies.

Watch out for those fingerprints and 'stuff' on the back of your books. shocked.giftongue.gif

We all know that the grade to have on a modern book is a 9.8. If you look at the current census, there is a big difference between a Spidey #300 & a DD #181.

There have been 456 DD's submitted with 74 receiving the 9.8 label while 874 Spideys have been submitted with only 2 9.9's and 30 9.8's. The ratio of 9.8 books and books submitted on both books are not even close enough to compare and shows that the Spidey #300 is in fact harder to find in super high grade. tongue.gif

you took the words right outa my mouth! 300 is tougher to get in 9.8+ than 181 is. Now about finding a Joe #21 in 9.8.......I put it near the top of my Modern holy grail list for that alone!

I agree that the #21 is hard to find in NM or better condition. Hell I never even seen a copy in any condition until I bought the 9.4 from wolvergeek. It is a cool book, espeecially for the nostalgia fans, but it doesn't have the significant importance that the Spidey #300 has. Everybody wants their copy so to speak since Spidey is so mainstream.

You oughta find out the 3 grades it was given....could be a resub if it looks nice enough! Mine is a 9.6 and thats all it would ever grade with that upper right corner ding. mad.giffrown.giffrown.gif