• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINALLY !! This thread is .... UN-CLASSIFIED !!

28 posts in this topic

And that's all of them. 24 people got their Ugly Man entries published..... my friend and I were among that group. Good luck guessing which one is mine :grin:

And Dave.... my friend .....the other guy who got his UGLY MAN artwork published..... Jack Dickason ... is the same guy who now does the covers for Spike Mulligan :applause: (thumbs u :headbang:

Senormac, that's awesome that you had your drawing printed, even greater that you finally located the issue after all these years! :applause:

That is an awesome story! :applause:

And with a happy ending because I found what I was searching for !! :banana:

And now.... for your viewing enjoyment..... here are the top 24 published/printed UGLY MAN contest winners !! They are in no particular order. Neither I nor my friend were the grand prize winners... but I don't care about that..... we got ours printed !! :banana::whee::banana:

barecindylindsay_zps429ec34e.jpg

I see Bill Sienkiewicz entered too! Is that a ? lol

lol That definately was a crazy & funny story. Not so much for Wrightson Fan, but for the rest of us.

So here is my entry :acclaim:

For some reason Ron Graham, the contest sponsor, used my picture to go on an "anti stan the man" editorial tirade lolhm:acclaim:

He seems however to hold Neal Adams with the highest regard (thumbs u

uglyalenlarged_zps96c726b2.jpg

And finally, the best cartoonist/artist I know. :applause:

uglyjackdickason_zps61f1ebe4.jpg

Jack has gone on to become a full time professional artist, specializing in humorous illustration. He has been published in the children's book market and projects too numerous for me to name. Here is a Conan pencil sketch he did a few years back.

jackconan_zps48cb8688.jpg

But best of all .... he has done the covers for each issue of Spike Mulligan Comics to date (worship)

cover1fivebuckscopy_zps3afc35b4.jpg

spike2cover_zps41df1b0d.jpg

spike3fivebuckscopy_zpsfae57872.jpg

spike4cover2_zpsf3ab1f6c.jpg

spike5cover_zps2c2562a5.jpg

Well, my quest is complete.

I no longer collect "the funny books"....

What to do now hm

Guess I'll just look ahead.... and keep busy :banana: