• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Store your Slabs

66 posts in this topic

I agree, the presentation of the slabs is a much nicer, professional look. I wish I had a basement... :(

Until it floods

Good point.

I wish I had a water tight, climate controlled gaming room where I could put all my books, games and throw in some strippers or something.

Oh, that would be the life.

I think once I get all my Star Wars books stabbed, I'll use the Command double-Velcro gimmicks to put them on the wall until I can afford two of the triple-CGC frames. Nothing against hanging a naked slab on the wall, I just want to church it up a bit. I consider these art and want art to be displayed as well as possible.

Gunnz when i read what some are doing to protect there books i must look to them like im using ziploc bags and cardboard. My slabs are hung on the wall i only have a few and the ones i have im proud of and like to look at. I am changing to Mylites and full boards for some of my better books for long term storage im also switching to short boxes my long boxes are just a pain to move around anymore.

These are what i mount my slabs on the wall with if you watch they go on sale often and can be had for under $5 and they do a secure job of holding the slab

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ComicMount-Comic-Book-CGC-Display-A-Wall-Mount-or-Shelf-Stand-Show-Your-Comics-/190931447978?pt=US_Comic_Storage_Supplies&hash=item2c7466b0aa

Gunnz when i read what some are doing to protect there books i must look to them like im using ziploc bags and cardboard. My slabs are hung on the wall i only have a few and the ones i have im proud of and like to look at. I am changing to Mylites and full boards for some of my better books for long term storage im also switching to short boxes my long boxes are just a pain to move around anymore.

These are what i mount my slabs on the wall with if you watch they go on sale often and can be had for under $5 and they do a secure job of holding the slab

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ComicMount-Comic-Book-CGC-Display-A-Wall-Mount-or-Shelf-Stand-Show-Your-Comics-/190931447978?pt=US_Comic_Storage_Supplies&hash=item2c7466b0aa

That's pretty darn handy! Does the screw on the back touch the CGC case at all? It looks pretty good for something so simple.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye out!

It uses a flat head bolt on the slab side and a 1/4 nut on the wall side offset with the way the holder is it lays flat on the wall and there is about 1/4 of inch between the holder and your slab. Its so simple it makes me cry i could not think of it and it also can be used for desk or shelf display.

Pretty cool, I just bought a couple on Amazon