• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Raleigh -- March 13-15, 2015

35 posts in this topic

Anybody have a list of comic dealers setting up at this? WW site link is not active.

Happy to help offset your booth fee, so chime in if you're setting up.

I know of one. Not a big time seller, but he does have comics. Not any others though.

I can confirm that as of Friday, there were only two comic dealers set up at this show. I had heard of neither.

I can say that I considered attending this show...but there's no chance I'd be there.

Would be a huge loss for most comic dealers as people are going there to see Tennant.

I was really thinking of going to this show but decided to instead just save for Heroes. I've always wanted to attend a WW con but the ticket price and the fact that no real big name celebrity is attending keeps me away from this show.

If anyone can help with one of the Walking Dead WW exclusive comics, pm me.

Went on Friday. Had zero expectations for comic buying, and those were met. Brock was right. There were TWO comic dealers. There was also another booth with a lot of graphic novels.

Did not buy a comic book, but I bought a couple of books from Twomorrows. There were some booths with toys and a large one with T-shirts.

There were short lines at the most for the artists and special guests. A Rob Liefeld autograph could be had for a short wait. Peter David looked bored sitting by himself. There were short lines for James Marsters and Kevin Sorbo.

It was good seeing the cosplayers and the families with the small children.

Being a comic buyer I was disappointed that none of the bigger dealers showed up. I know the disdain for WW and its large table price, but still. A big dealer with good stock may have done well given the lack of competition.

I will probably never go to a WW con again. I'd rather save my money for local shows and Heroes.

And it's just ironic that all over the con are the words "Wizard World Comic Con." It would be more accurate to call it the "Wizard World Pop Culture Con" instead since there were hardly any comics to be found.

Went on Friday. Had zero expectations for comic buying, and those were met. Brock was right. There were TWO comic dealers. There was also another booth with a lot of graphic novels.

Did not buy a comic book, but I bought a couple of books from Twomorrows. There were some booths with toys and a large one with T-shirts.

There were short lines at the most for the artists and special guests. A Rob Liefeld autograph could be had for a short wait. Peter David looked bored sitting by himself. There were short lines for James Marsters and Kevin Sorbo.

Being a comic buyer I was disappointed that none of the bigger dealers showed up. I know the disdain for WW and its large table price, but still. A big dealer with good stock may have done well given the lack of competition.

I will probably never go to a WW con again. I'd rather save my money for local shows and Heroes.

And it's just ironic that all over the con are the words "Wizard World Comic Con." It would be more accurate to call it the "Wizard World Pop Culture Con" instead since there were hardly any comics to be found.

Where have you seen Wizard use the phrase "comic con"? I don't recall ever seeing that and don't think they brand themselves that way. They very much see themselves as pop culture. If you see that branding used please take a photo.

Thanks for this report. I had considered going myself but decided against it when I couldn't even confirm there would even be any SA/GA comics there. Oh well. Next local show is 4/12 (Lyn An Raleigh Show) and then Heroes in June......

Thanks for this report. I had considered going myself but decided against it when I couldn't even confirm there would even be any SA/GA comics there. Oh well. Next local show is 4/12 (Lyn An Raleigh Show) and then Heroes in June......

See you there, Tyler!