• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Las Vegas -- April 24-26, 2015

24 posts in this topic

BassGman- i agree with you that any time is a fun time for vegas.

Just curious- have you gone to AMAZING LAS VEGAS COMIC CON?

Event takes place June 19-21

in our first 2 years we have had one of the best comic line-ups of ANY show in the country. 2015 should blow it away....

in our first 2 years we have had one of the best comic line-ups of ANY show in the country. 2015 should blow it away....

Sounds great! Don't forget to start an events page so folks hear about it! :baiting:

No I haven't been to that. The only comic con in Vegas I have ever been to was about 10 years ago. I don't remember the name of the con but it was a three day event held at Mandalay Bay. The con seemed decent enough but did not appear to be very well attended. I don't think there was programming or much to do outside of the exhibition hall. This LV Wizard con looks promising to me since it is in the convention center just blocks from the strip, a short walk from something like TI, The Mirage or Venetian. I am not likely to attend any LV show that is not in walking distance of the strip. I never rent a car or mess with taxis or buses and generally just walk everywhere I need to go, so something offsite for me personally is not as appealing as what this show appears to be.

From a quick look at a map it looks as if Amazing Con is 5-6 miles from the Mandalay Bay end of the strip. Unfortunately that is not very convenient for me in the way that I like to organize my LV vacations. Move your show to or just outside of the strip and I am more likely to attend. I just bring this up because I'm sure a lot of people feel this way. Granted rental of the space has got to be much more expensive closer in so I understand it is all a balance.

No I haven't been to that. The only comic con in Vegas I have ever been to was about 10 years ago. I don't remember the name of the con but it was a three day event held at Mandalay Bay. The con seemed decent enough but did not appear to be very well attended. I don't think there was programming or much to do outside of the exhibition hall. This LV Wizard con looks promising to me since it is in the convention center just blocks from the strip, a short walk from something like TI, The Mirage or Venetian. I am not likely to attend any LV show that is not in walking distance of the strip. I never rent a car or mess with taxis or buses and generally just walk everywhere I need to go, so something offsite for me personally is not as appealing as what this show appears to be.

From a quick look at a map it looks as if Amazing Con is 5-6 miles from the Mandalay Bay end of the strip. Unfortunately that is not very convenient for me in the way that I like to organize my LV vacations. Move your show to or just outside of the strip and I am more likely to attend. I just bring this up because I'm sure a lot of people feel this way. Granted rental of the space has got to be much more expensive closer in so I understand it is all a balance.

The convention center is on the monorail route, and the monorail goes all along the east side of the strip. It's only about a mile and a half from the Treasure Island end of the strip, and it won't be too hot in late April.

I always preferred to stay off the strip somewhat, so I didn't have to deal with the craziness unless I wanted to. South Point is way down on the good end, and Suncoast or Red Rock are nice if you really want to get away from the usual tourists.

I wouldn't bother with the Fremont Street hotels unless you're trying to replicate the Reno experience for some reason.

My wife and I are going to Vegas the weekend of this show and I plan to attend. Does anyone know who the dealers will be at this show? Does Wizard list the dealers somewhere?I have read that some Wizard Worlds are better than others for comics.

This is my first time in Vegas so I am looking forward to taking in some of the others shows in town and doing some exploring, anyone have any suggestions?

I could see this show attracting some bigger dealers. It's an argument along the same lines as the New Orleans show; when the town is an attraction by itself who wouldn't want to go to Vegas for work and be able to write off the expenses?

Were there any reports from last year's show? I seem to remember Reno being a bit of a dud, if I'm not mistaken, but can't recall hearing anything about Vegas.

Mysterio- this is the first time WIZARD is coming to Vegas, which is probably the reason why dealer reports have yet to surface. Looking by their website it's loaded with TWD actors, which can be good, and I'm sure there will be a healthy number of folks walking through the door.

The established COMIC Con featuring COMIC CREATORS in town is AMAZING LAS VEGAS COMIC CON, taking place June 19-21 at the South Point. The first wave of creators have been announced on the website http://www.AmazingLasVegasComicCon.com

More guests both in comics, and media will be added in coming weeks, as will a list of the dealers exhibiting at the show. Traditionally, Amazing has a very high percentage of comic vendors to booth ratio.

Hope any of this information helps

Mysterio- this is the first time WIZARD is coming to Vegas, which is probably the reason why dealer reports have yet to surface. Looking by their website it's loaded with TWD actors, which can be good, and I'm sure there will be a healthy number of folks walking through the door.

The established COMIC Con featuring COMIC CREATORS in town is AMAZING LAS VEGAS COMIC CON, taking place June 19-21 at the South Point. The first wave of creators have been announced on the website http://www.AmazingLasVegasComicCon.com

More guests both in comics, and media will be added in coming weeks, as will a list of the dealers exhibiting at the show. Traditionally, Amazing has a very high percentage of comic vendors to booth ratio.

Hope any of this information helps

I'd started, and just bumped, a thread for your show.

mysterio- believe it or not i was NOT initially trying to hijack this thread-

just pointing out that while Wizard is a 1st year event, it's going into another territory. There are no records yet on the Wizard show. I tip the hat to their heavy media list, not throwing shade.

mysterio- believe it or not i was NOT initially trying to hijack this thread-

just pointing out that while Wizard is a 1st year event, it's going into another territory. There are no records yet on the Wizard show. I tip the hat to their heavy media list, not throwing shade.

No worries, I never said you did. Since you included the link to your show I was just pointing out that there was a thread, and bumped it so folks could see it. If I thought you were hijacking I would have commented. :foryou: