• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM AF #15

26 posts in this topic

Wanted to thank everyone for taking a look, now the fun part.

A little over a year ago, when I first joined this forum, I posted these same scans in this section, looking for some guidance. With all the talk that goes on about CGC and consistency, I thought it might be fun to see if I got the same or different responses.

So, last time around I had 20 people give grades, and the average grade was a touch over 2.5 (if someone gave two grades, say 2.0-2.5, I counted that as 2.25). 2.5 was also the most common grade, with 10 people giving it that, or partially (2/2.5 or 2.5/3). Full range was 2.0-3.0

This time I had 18 people give grades, with an average grade of 2.67. 2.5 was still the most common grade with 10 people grading that, although there were more 3.0+ grades this time, with 8 people giving at least a partial 3 (2.5-3.0). Range this time was 2.0-3.5 (only one 3.5).

As for direct comparisons, among those who responded both times, the consistency winner is VW ClobberinThing, who said:

This time:

Yeah I'd go 2.5/3.0 looks like a clean and press could really help the BC lots of dirt

Last time:

Get the book dry cleaned and pressed for a bump. Appears to be surface dirt on bc which should come off 2.5/3.0

Other two-timers who gave the same grade both times are Ghost Rider (2.5), and gadzukes (85% 2.5 - last time he said 2.5 maybe 3, but let Artboy99 talk him down to 2.0). Those with changing grades upward (1st time/2nd time): Dark Knight 2.0/2.5 and Primetime 2.0/2.5. Only had one downgrade, a full point from Oakman29, who last time agreed with a 3.0 assessment, and this time agreed with a 2.0 assessment.

Thanks to everyone, it was interesting.

So what do I win? (shrug):banana: Get that baby pressed and cleaned and to the saftey of a slab. While some may disagree that book is worth to much to put in and out of a bag and risk a tape pull or worse

Why, my undying admiration and respect, of course!

Okay, how about a couple of these (thumbs u (thumbs u , one of these (worship) , and 4 of these :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

Wanted to thank everyone for taking a look, now the fun part.

A little over a year ago, when I first joined this forum, I posted these same scans in this section, looking for some guidance. With all the talk that goes on about CGC and consistency, I thought it might be fun to see if I got the same or different responses.

So, last time around I had 20 people give grades, and the average grade was a touch over 2.5 (if someone gave two grades, say 2.0-2.5, I counted that as 2.25). 2.5 was also the most common grade, with 10 people giving it that, or partially (2/2.5 or 2.5/3). Full range was 2.0-3.0

This time I had 18 people give grades, with an average grade of 2.67. 2.5 was still the most common grade with 10 people grading that, although there were more 3.0+ grades this time, with 8 people giving at least a partial 3 (2.5-3.0). Range this time was 2.0-3.5 (only one 3.5).

As for direct comparisons, among those who responded both times, the consistency winner is VW ClobberinThing, who said:

This time:

Yeah I'd go 2.5/3.0 looks like a clean and press could really help the BC lots of dirt

Last time:

Get the book dry cleaned and pressed for a bump. Appears to be surface dirt on bc which should come off 2.5/3.0

Other two-timers who gave the same grade both times are Ghost Rider (2.5), and gadzukes (85% 2.5 - last time he said 2.5 maybe 3, but let Artboy99 talk him down to 2.0). Those with changing grades upward (1st time/2nd time): Dark Knight 2.0/2.5 and Primetime 2.0/2.5. Only had one downgrade, a full point from Oakman29, who last time agreed with a 3.0 assessment, and this time agreed with a 2.0 assessment.

Thanks to everyone, it was interesting.

I always grade harsher than most,specially with my own books.Just a habit! :grin: