• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

16 posts in this topic

Hello all! :hi:

I have a few Newspaper Comic Strip books to sell.

Pricing will include shipping, here in the states, Sorry, these things are too heavy to ship International. :sorry:

Paypal or check is fine for payment.

PMs always welcome, but first :takeit: secures the deal

From IDWs Library of American Comics line, the Complete run of Hardbound Milt Caniff's "Terry and the Pirates" Volumes 1 through 6.

These particular copies, were never read, the books themselves are in fantastic condition, a few very minor tears should be visible in the pic on a couple of the books dust jackets, due to Amazon not packing properly.

$130.00 Shipped

074_zps4dad2c68.jpg

073_zps5e6ac962.jpg

072_zps75e3f000.jpg

Again from IDW and their LOAC line, Complete Chester Gould's D ick Tracy, Volumes 1 through 9, and covering the first 13 years of the Daily and Sunday Strips.

The first four volumes are gently read, and in great shape, volumes 5 through 9 are still in their original shrink wrap.

180.00 Shipped.

062_zps9057a074.jpg

061_zps63fa8116.jpg

Again, from IDW and LOAC, comes Volume 1 of Bringing up Father by George McMamus

Volume 1 of this series is difficult to find. And can be quite costly.

Unread, VF condition or better.

40.00 Shipped.

071_zpsd3e593df.jpg

070_zps93f9dc97.jpg

From IDWs LOAC, comes Blondie Volume 1

This Volume details the wealthy Dagwood Bumstead's courtship of Flapper Blondie, much to the Chagrin of his elitist Industrialist father.

Dagwood eventually turned his back on his inheritance to spend a life with Blondie.

Unread, VF condition or better. Like the book directly above, volume 1 is hard to come by, and will cost much more than this one is being offered for.

45.00 shipped

069_zps287a53e3.jpg

068_zps30c1fb2a.jpg

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To RCheli

From Drawn and Quarterly Walt and Skeezix by Frank King, Volumes 1 through 5 complete

These books collect the early years of the longest running newspaper Comic Strip nearly (100 years and counting) "Gasoline Alley"

Unlike all other newspaper strips, where the characters never age, the characters in Gasoline Alley age naturally, so characters grow up on the strip, and sadly pass away in time.

A really interesting look at early 20th century everyday life, and the relationship between Bachelor Walt and his adopted son Skeezix, is very touching.

You wont be disappointed if you give these books a shot.

A little on the strip itself and on these books in particular are to be found here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FGasoline_Alley&ei=ZqKxU6qvC9StyATDmIKYDw&usg=AFQjCNF8vLYOqLsTAzUwEX65wz2BWV3Bag&bvm=bv.69837884,d.aWw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDsQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drawnandquarterly.com%2FshopCatalogLong.php%3Fst%3Dart%26art%3Da3e53d55cf0a23&ei=ZqKxU6qvC9StyATDmIKYDw&usg=AFQjCNGKg5Ni7V9Arcyzt7sulrKJYCjZ2Q&bvm=bv.69837884,d.aWw

All books are in VF condition, volume 4 has a small tear in the Dust Jacket visible in the pic.

100.00 shipped

Sold.

065_zpsef5f6652.jpg

064_zps517e77fc.jpg

063_zpsa051b740.jpg

Will you be listing any of the Little Orphan Annie issues? I am looking for #4 to the end of the run.

Thanks

Bob

Sorry, I never got around to collecting those from the LOAC series. A great read to be sure! (thumbs u

Hardbound First volume of Gasoline Alley, when Moores took over the from Frank King in 1964

Unread, in fantastic condition 30.00 Shipped

067_zpsa04ba6f0.jpg

066_zpsfed70194.jpg

I have coveted those Gasoline Alley books for years...

I was stunned, when I first read the strips. The character development is amazing! Frnak King drew on real life experiences in creating the -script, and his love of family is very evident.

The cross country trip taken in Volume 1, is really a lot of fun. Just the challenges shown in taking one of those old 1920s vehicles on those roads, pre- National Highway system really gives the reader a sense of how far we have come, and how we take so much for granted today.

Again, these old Newspaper Strips are an important piece of our Heritage, and you really get a sense of what life was like back then by reading them. Im really happy they are being preserved the way they are. :cool:

My pricing is fair I believe, and less than you will pay anywhere else on all these items, still I am open to fair offers via PM for anyone who would appreciate these items. :)

Raphe, you will love them. Among the BEST newspaper strips of all time.

SOMEBODY needs to hit that Terry and the Pirates too. Perhaps number 1 in my collection, I spent buckets of money for the NBM reprints years ago.

...and I'm eying the Tracy set myself, even though I already own three of the volumes....

Hi folks! One reduction on these. Take 20% off remaining items. This sale will run through the weekend and then items will be pulled. Stay safe this holiday weekend!