• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Version of Comics - more/less desirable?

87 posts in this topic

They are US comics "also" made available in the UK.

They are US comics "also" sold in the UK.

They are US comics "also" in shops in the UK.

here you go, three more versions you can also dodge the point on.

They were all of the things in this post.

However they were not printed in the UK as you said was fact in your previous post.

Made available in, sold in and in shops in the UK is not at all the same as printed in the UK.

This is what you said "However, that they are US comics "also" printed in the UK is a fact."

They are not printed in the UK - that is not fact

Do you think we're getting through to him yet? (shrug)

No, he is taking exactlymissing the same meaning from your post as I have.

FTFY

But please, lets now have a longer conversation while dodging the point, which i explained in many of my other posts, which he didnt quote.

I can see why you guys work together.

Let me write in paragraph form you:

The source material are US COMICS. Let's use Thor as an example. Thor is an American Comic book character. The UK version of the comic (even if its printed in the queen's arse), is an ALTERNATE version of a US COMIC.

A user made a post that "implied" that it was because people want the American version, because USA IS THE GREATEST. I replied, no, its because the US VERSION is the STANDARD VERSION, and the UK VERSION is an ALTERNATE VERSION.

Then someone tried to say, "some collectors value the scarcer UK VERSIONS more". To which i said, that's SUBJECTIVE. Some people might value it more, but the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT that it's an alternate version of a US comic, cannot be argued. Marvel and DC produce US comic books, if they print a UK priced version, it is an alternate, FACT, PERIOD.

Printing was never the issue, point, or relevant in anyway.

This is what you said "However, that they are US comics "also" printed in the UK is a fact."

They are not printed in the UK - that is not fact

Do you think we're getting through to him yet? (shrug)

no

No matter what the case SHOULD be the fact remains that UK editions are worth half to three quarters what US editions do. If you don't agree I'd happily trade you UK editions for US editions straight up.

Will they be in the same grade? hm

FTFY

But please, lets now have a longer conversation while dodging the point, which i explained in many of my other posts, which he didnt quote.

Let me right in paragraph form you:

The source material are US COMICS. Let's use Thor as an example. Thor is an American Comic book character. The UK version of the comic (even if its printed in the queen's arse), is an ALTERNATE version of a US COMIC.

A user made a post that "implied" that it was because people want the American version, because USA IS THE GREATEST. I replied, no, its because the US VERSION is the STANDARD VERSION, and the UK VERSION is an ALTERNATE VERSION.

Then someone tried to say, "some collectors value the scarcer UK VERSIONS more". To which i said, that's SUBJECTIVE. Some people might value it more, but the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT that it's an alternate version of a US comic, cannot be argued. Marvel and DC produce US comic books, if they print a UK priced version, it is an alternate, FACT, PERIOD.

So you didn't mean they were printed in the UK then?

game set match, and i am out, enjoy dodging, and out of context troll attempts, no real answer or debate.

Yes you won the Internet by being wrong :golfclap:

FTFY

Let me write in paragraph form you:

Good grief man.

You said they were printed in the UK.

They were not printed in the UK

We are just trying to correct this statement that you said was fact but is not true.

That is all.

Hopefully this will give you some insight into exactly what we are saying.

Pence copies were not printed in the UK like you said they were.

That is all we are saying.

:facepalm:

game set match, and i am out, enjoy dodging, and out of context troll attempts, no real answer or debate.

Good grief, are you for real? (shrug)

No matter what the case SHOULD be the fact remains that UK editions are worth half to three quarters what US editions do. If you don't agree I'd happily trade you UK editions for US editions straight up.

Hey Brian, you're still collecting the pences then? :hi:

Good grief, are you for real? (shrug)

Leave him alone - he won - the streets are safe once more

Hi. :hi: I still buy them now and then. I basically just buy art now. When I sell my comics I sell the U.S counterpart and keep the pence copy for my collection. They are much harder to find in grade and I find the color strike tends to be better (deeper /richer colors) than those of the U.S. copies.

Hi. :hi: I still buy them now and then. I basically just buy art now. When I sell my comics I sell the U.S counterpart and keep the pence copy for my collection. They are much harder to find in grade and I find the color strike tends to be better (deeper /richer colors) than those of the U.S. copies.

Yeah, the theory is that the pence copies may have been printed first and so often had stringer inks than the cents. Don't know if it's true but your experience seems to back that up.