• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROM the Spaceknight
2 2

249 posts in this topic

"Is this just a big mistake? Seems odd Hasbro would goof up like that."

I see this two ways - (1) They're just associating this ROM toy with their other Mighty Muggs to increase sales using brand leverage (i.e. Avengers) or (2) they may be actually interested in seeing if ROM has marketability. Obviously, i don't have visibility into Mighty Muggs market demographics or what sales are, but I do find it interesting that they even revived ROM (in this form) at this time.

Funny, i've been having a feeling that something *may* be happening within the next few years surrounding the Spaceknights. With GoG and the Avengers having mentioned or had dealings with the Dire Wraiths (at least in the comics), it could set well for a plot line in a future production.

:wishluck:

No, they don't. They own the Dire Wraiths, Spaceknights, Galador ..etc. Essentially the rest of the ROM universe except for ROM. :(

Parker Brothers (division of Hasbro) still retains the rights. BUT, and here's a BUT, rumors are circulating that Disney may make a bid for Hasbro acquisition.

Edit: Disney is looking to grab Habro and Mattel for $4B - as of April 2014.

So ... Disney owns Hasbro (Parker Bros) and Marvel... ROM may, in fact, return.

Edited by MattP

I know it's a pipe dream but I would love to own that first splash page from issue #1. Wonder who has it.

Would love to have that and the cover art for #1 ... someday ...

In the 80's my older brother collected these. I am trying to get a set together and a couple weeks ago I picked up around 20 issues for 3/$1.00.

Bargain.

Hello,

New here and still finding topics to post in.

I Loved Rom and bought most of my issues new from the news stand and from the first comic shop I ever found, was the first time I saw the different Logo's depicting Direct Sale or News Stand Edition.

When my Son wanted to get into collecting in the 90's he wanted copies of his own so we now have 2 complete runs of ROM.