• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I thought the NYCC 1 was one per person at that con. (shrug)

It was.

Doesn't stop anyone buying from others.

(See Courts previous floor of Saga RRPs)

I was able to buy 3 from him at the show. Initially bought 2 and had a great discussion with him. Passed by on the second day and he still had some copies and I asked if he would sell me another. He did mention that one guy tried to buy 20 but he wouldn't let anyone have that many...

It'll top 600 is my guess.

Maybe so - seems way early to me for that sort of price, but then you only need two bidders (or one bidder and one shill :frustrated: ) to bid a book up! Still... times like this make me think the cross media value bump on books is out of control - it seems like every one of them gets bid on like they're the next Walking Dead, despite the probability of that ever happening again.

Maybe so - seems way early to me for that sort of price, but then you only need two bidders (or one bidder and one shill :frustrated: ) to bid a book up! Still... times like this make me think the cross media value bump on books is out of control - it seems like every one of them gets bid on like they're the next Walking Dead, despite the probability of that ever happening again.

Problem with this book is if it's the next walking dead it will get even more insane with these print runs. You're talking 1-3k for a #1 and 3-5k for a nycc #1 which sounds crazy when I type that but the book just wasn't released to the masses and most will be in private collections. I know I might sell one or two copies but the original run I bought off the stands will never leave my hands.

Problem with this book is if it's the next walking dead it will get even more insane with these print runs. You're talking 1-3k for a #1 and 3-5k for a nycc #1 which sounds crazy when I type that but the book just wasn't released to the masses and most will be in private collections. I know I might sell one or two copies but the original run I bought off the stands will never leave my hands.

I will do my best to choke down one of these comics - in a slab - if one sells for $5000 anytime soon :)

I will do my best to choke down one of these comics - in a slab - if one sells for $5000 anytime soon :)

The likelihood isn't great but if the series is popular hold on and enjoy the ride.

With only 106 copies nycc 1 one will sky rocket to the moon if the show air.

For that matter all the early issue. 3a could be a surprise. Real hard to find.

I think most people have missed this point. The 3A and 3B covers were by far the toughest covers to get and probably always will be imo. There are less #3's than any issue and no reprints.

I'm out here. Loving all the debate and discussion.

- #7 won't be solicited for a bit. It's in the can though!

- #7 is going to have a really cool ComicXposure exclusive in addition to the standard cover, alternate by Charlie Adlard & ComicConArt exclusives.

- #8 we're currently working on it.

- #9 I'm polishing the -script.

- #10 outlined.

We're out with the trade next. Look for news on that over the weekend.

Then the Field Guide & Digital Files.

In and around all this, we're working on materials for the show. For real.

And the raffle is really going to happen, sooner than you might think! 23 books...everything published to date.