• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packaging multiple comics for shipping

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a good packaging procedure for say a lot of around 50 raw, bagged and boarded comics.

Typically, I usually just ship 1-5 raws or the same amount in CGC. In those cases the cardboard sandwich, wrapped in bubble wrapped, then double boxed technique seems to work really well. However, given there is 50 comics, this doesn't seem that feasible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a good packaging procedure for say a lot of around 50 raw, bagged and boarded comics.

Typically, I usually just ship 1-5 raws or the same amount in CGC. In those cases the cardboard sandwich, wrapped in bubble wrapped, then double boxed technique seems to work really well. However, given there is 50 comics, this doesn't seem that feasible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You need to talk to your buyer, as the boards create a lot of weight and hence, potential for shipping damage. It could be that the buyer could care less about bags and boards, and you can repackage books into GA bags, 10 per, and then protect from there, greatly reducing weight and chance of shipping damage. 2c

If you proceed with shipping as described, make several sandwiches of about 15 books each.