• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know the story behind the Sandman #1 Signed "For eBay"

41 posts in this topic

Yes - if memory serves, this was at ECCC last year.

Anyway, it was a CGC SS sketch opp that had been arranged in advance, and at some point Dringenberg got his panties in a twist about books getting flipped for profit (or something to that effect), even though the signing had been arranged in advance (and I believe he was getting paid for it?), and several of the books were for personal collections.

Anyway, I remember this all going down, as it caused quite a commotion at the time, but I was not in the eye of the storm, so I am sure there are others that can fill in the blanks on this better than I.

The story on bleeding cool was about Seanfingh's book

135210.jpg

Here's the original thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6459077&fpart=1

Here is the post and picture of the book today

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7636808#Post7636808

Yes - if memory serves, this was at ECCC last year.

Anyway, it was a CGC SS sketch opp that had been arranged in advance, and at some point Dringenberg got his panties in a twist about books getting flipped for profit (or something to that effect), even though the signing had been arranged in advance (and I believe he was getting paid for it?), and several of the books were for personal collections.

Anyway, I remember this all going down, as it caused quite a commotion at the time, but I was not in the eye of the storm, so I am sure there are others that can fill in the blanks on this better than I.

It was just a regular asking for a sig at ECCC. (thumbs u

But Sean Fingh's book is different from the one on eBay: Mike's sigs are different. How many books did Mike Dringenberg sign "For eBay!" on?

All of them.

No, not all of them. (thumbs u

But Sean Fingh's book is different from the one on eBay: Mike's sigs are different. How many books did Mike Dringenberg sign "For eBay!" on?

All of them.

No, not all of them. (thumbs u

He didn't sign all of the ones that say "for eBay". Who added it then?