• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

‘Batman: The Complete Television Series’ teaser trailer

46 posts in this topic

I never knew that before. Thanks for sharing this!

You're welcome. :)

I'm guessing with Batman it's an age-timing thing. Little enough to've not understood or old enough to've enjoyed the pop-art campiness.

I was right at that 10-11 yr old sweet spot where adventure was serious business. lol

Now, if they came out with a remastered T.H.E. Cat set, I'd be all over it that. :ohnoez:

Batman blew it right out of the water ratings wise, lasted 1 season (I think), but T. Hewitt Edward Cat was some super-cool-baddazzery. :cloud9:

Up against Robert Loggia, Adam West seems like Jerry Lewis. :sumo:

cat2.jpg

I'm guessing with Batman it's an age-timing thing. Little enough to've not understood or old enough to've enjoyed the pop-art campiness.

I think this is true. I work with two guys who were 10 years older than me, were into comics, and hated the show when it was on. They loved the Green Hornet(produced by the same people as Batman), which was more serious, but wasn't popular at all with the general public.

I think this is true. I work with two guys who were 10 years older than me, were into comics, and hated the show when it was on. They loved the Green Hornet(produced by the same people as Batman), which was more serious, but wasn't popular at all with the general public.

(thumbs u

Green Hornet. :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Green Hornet. :cloud9:

I liked that too as a kid, but barely remember it. There were so few episodes that the reruns were only shown on Sunday morning(right before church), and that lasted for only about a year, and it was never shown again.

As much as I like all the extra goodies, that has to be what pushing the price up on this set.

I wonder if there are any plans to release the Blu-rays by themselves without all the do-dads and gee-gaws. Hate to sound like a cheapskate but the the show itself is really all I want. The other stuff is cool but I could live without it.

As much as I like all the extra goodies, that has to be what pushing the price up on this set.

I wonder if there are any plans to release the Blu-rays by themselves without all the do-dads and gee-gaws. Hate to sound like a cheapskate but the the show itself is really all I want. The other stuff is cool but I could live without it.

Wait it out. There will be a lower-end set once the excitement dies down over this show finally going to disc. The extras allow for the early bump in revenue.

Batman: The Complete Television Series will be available on November 11th and retail for $269, but you can pre-order it right now at Amazon for just $188.

Price has already dropped to $179.99 on Amazon

It would be cool to have....but that's still a pretty hefty price. doh!

Look at the 1 star reviews for it and you'll see pretty much every one of them is complaining about the price.

Batman: The Complete Television Series will be available on November 11th and retail for $269, but you can pre-order it right now at Amazon for just $188.

Look at the 1 star reviews for it and you'll see pretty much every one of them is complaining about the price.

and it could go even lower with amazon year end sale

I think the high price is because of all the licensing that had to be done to clear this for a home video release. From everything I've read, this was a person_without_enough_empathy to finally make it available, and the high price reflects that. But I'm sure it will come down in price, and probably made available in a less expensive set later.

and it could go even lower with amazon year end sale

I am going to hope for one of those Black Friday deals on the (no frills) set.