• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic character facepainting at Comic-Cons.

3 posts in this topic

My wife is thinking about setting up a booth at the upcoming Wizard Con in Cleveland next February where she will do superhero face painting. Anyone ever heard of a Con doing this before? We did get a very cool zombie caracture done at the last Chicago Con and the line was 10 deep. My wife was planning on splitting the cost with another painter so it would be $400 in expenses so its not cheep. If you have attended a Con with a face painter did they look busy?

Here is a couple examples of the superhero faces she can paint.

2-Face_zps9c23a080.jpg

Spawn_zps020a6136.jpg

Hulk_zps0cb992d6.jpg

I think that they're very cool but how long, on average, does it take to paint a face and what's the charge?

How many would she have to do per day at $10 or $20 per to make money?

She can do about 15 quick faces per hour or about 8 of the extra detailed ones like the Hulk or a complete two-face. They were thinking of charging $10 for the quick ones and $20 for the detailed ones. So assuming she was reasonable busy she could make her booth fee on Thursday and Friday night and Saturday/Sunday would be profit. She made about a grand in her last Asian festival she did which was all day Saturday & Sunday. But the Asian festival had a ton of kids which love face painting. Not sure the Con crowd will flock to getting their face painted.