• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLAS COMICS

42 posts in this topic

Different theme from the comic but I do remember seeing this as a kid thinking it would have been SO much better of a movie if it was like the comicbook!

I just finished tracking down the last couple of issues that I needed for the complete set a couple of weeks ago. My ultimate plan is to have the whole run bound into three hardcover volumes.

Sounds like a great idea!

mm

I just finished tracking down the last couple of issues that I needed for the complete set a couple of weeks ago. My ultimate plan is to have the whole run bound into three hardcover volumes.

Nice! Please post pics of these when you can. :wishluck:

Nice! Please post pics of these when you can. :wishluck:

That would be way cool!

What's a general price for having comic sets hardbound?

Just posted these in the back from CGC thread, but I figured I throw them up here as well. Slowly getting the set complete. I have all of the books in 9.6-9.8 (I think), it is just a matter of getting them graded. Not really worried about Gothic Romances (I have a midgrade copy) or My Secret. I don't consider them comic books anyway.

Check out my registry set below. Been working on this for a while but it will be a very nice set once complete. All but 3 or 4 books were raw and only one has been pressed.

236144-003_zps7860b975.jpg

236144-002_zpsaac48032.jpg

236144-001_zps8e09571a.jpg

(thumbs u

bound.jpg

Just posted these in the back from CGC thread, but I figured I throw them up here as well. Slowly getting the set complete. I have all of the books in 9.6-9.8 (I think), it is just a matter of getting them graded. Not really worried about Gothic Romances (I have a midgrade copy) or My Secret. I don't consider them comic books anyway.

Check out my registry set below. Been working on this for a while but it will be a very nice set once complete. All but 3 or 4 books were raw and only one has been pressed.

Chris - I agree with you on My Secret. It should not even be in the A/S Registry set. At least Gothic Romances has some artwork by Neal Adams, Howard Chaykin and Ernie Colon.

Phil

Sweet!!

(thumbs u

bound.jpg

So cool!

Chris - I agree with you on My Secret. It should not even be in the A/S Registry set. At least Gothic Romances has some artwork by Neal Adams, Howard Chaykin and Ernie Colon.

Phil

(thumbs u

That is one hell of a registry set you have! Nice going, I know how much time and work that took.

(thumbs u

bound.jpg

Nice! Are those your books?

I've decided to have them bound in publication order. I'm still deciding if I want to have a laminated cover, go with a dust jacket, or just a basic book.

(thumbs u

bound.jpg

Nice! Are those your books?

I've decided to have them bound in publication order. I'm still deciding if I want to have a laminated cover, go with a dust jacket, or just a basic book.

Yes they are. I opted to have them printed in alphabetic order. I designed and printed the dust jacket myself with the help of this tutorial - Dustjacket Tutorial

I've been using Single Bound Studios to do the binding. I also had the very short Atlas revival books bound into one volume. They designed the dustjacket and Table of Contents.

atlasbooks.jpg

Phil

What's a general price for having comic sets hardbound?

It depends on how fancy you want to get, but basic volumes run around $25 or so.

Seems reasonably priced, thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I've been using Single Bound Studios to do the binding. I also had the very short Atlas revival books bound into one volume. They designed the dustjacket and Table of Contents.

That's cool too. I've got a book at Houchen at the moment. I'll probably use them for the Atlas volumes. I've have some stuff bound at Herring and Robinson and at the Capital Bindery before they stopped.

You must be on the Marvel Masterworks binding forum as well.