• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver and Bronze- NO INTEREST. CLOSED.

14 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am wrapping up a thread over on mixed (I had some modern books I didn't know what to with) and am keeping it up over here. There will be mostly lots up for sale along with the occasional solo comic. The rules:

-1st :takeit: gets it

- I really like getting offers on stuff (better than no interest at all) but the thread trumps the PM

- Shipping price is included. If there is a good size lot, it's because I want to pack it securely. Anything out of the country is the cost of shipping minus $6 (which is roughly what I cover for in states)

- I can only get to the post office once a week. Please be patient. If you need something quick, let me know and I can expedite my trip.

Remember, these are my poor months when I'm not teaching during the summer. Give me business so I can buy from you in a few months when I have more funds!

If you see some stuff that's been sitting that you might like, feel free to offer me trades. I'm old-fashioned that way and am open to lots of stuff.

Thanks for looking. First lots coming shortly.

X-Men Steranko Lot Plus Bonus $150 Shipped

A pair of incredibly sharp Steranko X-Men, #50 and 51. #50 is really sharp- four sharp corners, no creases, no spine wear and flat. The only reason I didn't submit it for grading 9.2 or higher is because the tops edges have some light tanning. A shame, because it's an awesome looking book. #51 is about the same quality with no tanning but has a very small back corner crease and a few very small spine nicks. I'm throwing a F- copy of #78 with the lot as well (it has a number written on the "x" and just has general wear.

X-Men #50 VF+ to VF/NM

X-Men #51 VF to VF+

X-Men #78 F-

photo2_zps66631115.jpg

photo196_zps6d3a5623.jpg

photo27_zps21ec2c62.jpg

photo17_zpsbc88bc03.jpg

x-men78_zps2196b8fc.jpg

photo197_zpsa76ba867.jpg

Defenders Lot All 3 Comics F+ to VF $40 Shipped

This is a nice Defenders lot with 2 of the comics being "Guardians" semi-keys and are picking up a bit. The lot has the following:

Marvel Feature #3 F+

Giant Size Defenders #5 (early Guardians appearance) VF

Defenders #28 (1st full Starhawk) VF-

photo281_zps8985a67d.jpg

photo176_zps8163c022.jpg

photo280_zpsc5fbb878.jpg

photo174_zps667d85fb.jpg

photo279_zps779aa5ac.jpg

photo173_zpsd08b5f5f.jpg

Daredevil #158 VF/NM $90

Apologies for the recent batch of pics- I'm trying to correct my camera and will provide different ones upon request. This is a very nice DD #158, 1st Frank Miller. Came from an original owner collection before me and it was part of my higher grade DD run. It's a strong copy with one 1/8 corner crease and a few tiny spine nicks. Presents very well and with nice white back/pages.

Daredevil158_zps6b52be8f.jpg

photo198_zpscd999783.jpg

A Non-Sports but paper ephemera item of possible interest....

I have three World Series Programs from 1936, 1939 and 1943. All original, all in very nice shape with good color and completely intact...strong staples, no real creasing. 1939 has a very small 1/4 inch tear on the bottom cover. It's also the one with Lou Gehrig on the cover. 1943 is not pictured but has a cool war-time cover. All have the Yankees playing various teams (they came from back home in NY.) I can't keep up with collecting sports stuff along with comics and movie posters and DVD/Blu-Ray. Typically these sell for anywhere between $150 and $300 (that would be the Gehrig cover) so there's a bit of a range. If anyone is interested in them, feel free to PM me with offers. I don't want to put an official number on them as it's really wide open, but for the sake of rules... let's say:

1936- $175

1939- $225

1943- $140

But I hope you forgive the transgression since they're in a similar comic/magazine realm.

photo17_zps791208c3.jpg

Like I said, I just want to find them a home and make enough to cover how much I got them for. I don't know who's into sports on here, but I'm hoping they're at least appreciated. I think they're pretty sweet.

And let's do a bump on everything here as I want to move stuff along...

X-Men Steranko Lot- NOW $140 Shipped

Defenders Lot- NOW $35 shipped

Daredevil #158- NOW $80 shipped

The World Series programs are only loose guidelines. And as always, I'll entertain offers on anything, including trades.