• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with comic supplies (no pun intended)

83 posts in this topic

How exactly do you pay by check or money order for a company that DOES have online ordering? It's the same, isn't it? You have to mail in the check either way. screwy.gif

Or, you could just pay by credit card and send the check straight to your credit card issuer so that you don't carry a balance. makepoint.gif

Anybody who has had any experience with the internet will tell you how it's done. For sake of time I will tell you now. In much the same way as you do with CGC submissions, you complete the online checkout system. When the payment option comes up, you choose check. then you print out the order form which should have your total including shipping. Then you mail in the form and your check. Product arrives later.

You should not have to e-mail or call the company during the whole process unless you have questions.

Which takes less time: (1) Mailing the company a check and waiting for them to wait for the check to clear, or (2) calling the company on the phone and giving them your credit card number?

It seems to me that even if you want to place an order on Friday and you have to wait until Monday to give them your credit card number over the telephone, you still get the product faster this way.

Why do you attempt to even post ridiculous things unless you enjoy appearing naive and stupid?

I was never concerned with the speed of getting products. My concern is ease of use. I do not want to hassle with having to call a company during their business to place an order over the phone.I would much rather place an order using an online order form. If I decide to to place an order Friday night, then I should be able to. I should be able to print an order form, enclose my check, and send it off the next day.

If speed was the concern then I would just pay extra for overnight delivery. That is not the case.

How exactly do you pay by check or money order for a company that DOES have online ordering? It's the same, isn't it? You have to mail in the check either way. screwy.gif

Or, you could just pay by credit card and send the check straight to your credit card issuer so that you don't carry a balance. makepoint.gif

Anybody who has had any experience with the internet will tell you how it's done. For sake of time I will tell you now. In much the same way as you do with CGC submissions, you complete the online checkout system. When the payment option comes up, you choose check. then you print out the order form which should have your total including shipping. Then you mail in the form and your check. Product arrives later.

You should not have to e-mail or call the company during the whole process unless you have questions.

Which takes less time: (1) Mailing the company a check and waiting for them to wait for the check to clear, or (2) calling the company on the phone and giving them your credit card number?

It seems to me that even if you want to place an order on Friday and you have to wait until Monday to give them your credit card number over the telephone, you still get the product faster this way.

Why do you attempt to even post ridiculous things unless you enjoy appearing naive and stupid?

I was never concerned with the speed of getting products. My concern is ease of use. I do not want to hassle with having to call a company during their business to place an order over the phone.I would much rather place an order using an online order form. If I decide to to place an order Friday night, then I should be able to. I should be able to print an order form, enclose my check, and send it off the next day.

If speed was the concern then I would just pay extra for overnight delivery. That is not the case.

"Anger is the first refuge of the weak minded."

1/4 z

Deathlok,

You might not have to worry about that much in the future.

My understanding is that the new owners of EGerber really don't want to deal with direct ordering anymore. From all the discussions I have had with them, it seems that in the future the only way to receive their products is to

1. Order direct from your comic store or

2. Order from a authorized reseller/distributor.

I don't exactly know why this might happen, but I have to assume it is rather difficult for them to keep up on order fullfillment. Like I said, we order thousands of dollars worth and oftentimes we have a problem receiving our reorders.

The person who run's EGerber also runs another company at the same time and he is a very busy man. Orders generally are not shipped if he isn't there, and orders are generally not placed correctly if he isn't there as well.

I guess that back when it was owned by Mr. Gerber he liked dealing with customers direct. When it was sold, the new owners overtime grew to dislike the idea.

But in general, I agree with you on the whole ordering process and how its probably a bit more complicated than it has to be. I feel that they probably never really designed it that way because they knew sooner or later it would be sold only through Diamond.

1/4 z

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."

1/8 z

So what you're saying is, I'm wasting my time here with you. OK, I give up then. confused-smiley-013.gif

1/16 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

So what you're saying is, I'm wasting my time here with you. OK, I give up then. confused-smiley-013.gif

1/16 z

"You can be sincere and still be stupid."

1/32 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

I see that I have come to the fountain of all knowledge on the subject.

1/64 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

" sleeping.gif"

1/128 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

"You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry."

1/128 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

"You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry."

1/256 z

Too slow.

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

" sleeping.gif"

1/128 z

The fact that you typed all three Zs to make the snoring graemlin demonstrates that you do not know what you're doing. foreheadslap.gif

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

" sleeping.gif"

1/128 z

The fact that you typed all three Zs to make the snoring graemlin demonstrates that you do not know what you're doing. foreheadslap.gif

On this we can agree. flowerred.gif

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

1/128 z

So what do you do with the time you save by not calling Gerber for your supplies? Eat more Twinkies™? Maybe you could stand to burn off some of your boundless energy with some key punching exercise?

1/256 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

1/128 z

So what do you do with the time you save by not calling Gerber for your supplies? Eat more Twinkies™? Maybe you could stand to burn off some of your boundless energy with some key punching exercise?

1/256 z

"Your ignorance cramps my conversation."

1/384 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

" sleeping.gif"

1/128 z

On this we can agree. flowerred.gif

yay.gif

Now stop agreeing with me and get back to the 18_1_30v.gif

poke2.gif

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

1/128 z

1/256 z

1/384 z

"256 times 2 is 512."

1/1024 z

1/4 z

1/8 z

1/16 z

1/32 z

1/64 z

1/128 z

1/256 z

1/384 z

"256 times 2 is 512."

1/1024 z

"It's innocence when it charms me, ignorance when it doesn't."

1/2048 z