• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon rape case, Captain America #22 and #FireRickRemender.

49 posts in this topic

Probably the "_____" "_____"

I cancelled the series a while back, so i dont know whats going on in it. But, if its all about Sam Wilson, is it African American Captain America you are implying??

As i said, I have no idea, as i havent read it since around issue 6.

If it is an African American Captain America, this won't be the first. So, what is the big deal again? (shrug)

OK.

You spoiled it...

I have heard that Sam Wilson will be Cap for awhile, to synch up with movies.

(The next movie he becomes Cap.)

African American Captain America is news...

It is what it is.

I cancelled the series a while back, so i dont know whats going on in it. But, if its all about Sam Wilson, is it African American Captain America you are implying??

If it is an African American Captain America, this won't be the first. So, what is the big deal again? (shrug)

1st in the 8th reboot and it falls on a Wednesday.

:roflmao:

Why can't they just let Cap be Cap...?

He's been "replaced" so many times. Irritating.

It's part of Marvel's repertoire that they revisit all too often these days. The list includes:

1. Killing a character to bring them back later

2. Replacing a character to bring them back later

3. Revisiting a character's origin to reveal an unknown element

4. Change a character's costume

It's unfortunate that one of those items isn't to just tell a good story that doesn't rehash a past story.

OK.

You spoiled it...

I have heard that Sam Wilson will be Cap for awhile, to synch up with movies.

(The next movie he becomes Cap.)

African American Captain America is news...

It is what it is.

That be pretty crazy as it really seemed they were setting up bucky to become cap, that actor is signed up for a good amount more movies, find it interesting they would go the route with sam already.

is it ok that I'm a million times more offended by the art than the story and the terrible reporting?

It's part of Marvel's repertoire that they revisit all too often these days. The list includes:

It's unfortunate that one of those items isn't to just tell a good story that doesn't rehash a past story.

One of the reasons I'm pretty much given up on Marvel (and DC)

One of the reasons I'm pretty much given up on Marvel (and DC)

Wait.....Marvel still publishes comics other than Moon Knight? Sounds like more packing fodder to me.

I was actually thinking that Rick Remender would eventually bring back Ian Rogers (aka a new Nomad - last seen alive, well and all grown up in Dimension Z spotting his own unique shield) and he'd take his place.

I'm also still hopeful that there is even potential for Sharon Carter to return from the dead and Dimension Z. Between her and Jet Zola/Black, it would be good to see a strong female character as Cap especially given Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel. Has there ever been a female Captain America?

Captain_America_25_Cover.jpg

Marvel Comics has announced that Steve Rogers, the original and current Captain America, will be retiring from the superhero role, and a new hero will wield the iconic shield come October.

Very happy to see Stuart Immonen on art duties.

It also seems its not so much of a spoiler after all though as this image below seems to confirm Sam Wilson/Falcon as the new Captain America...

Avengers.jpg

...unless this is a case of misdirection. According to it, some old characters will be returning in Issue 23.

Captain_America_25_Cover.jpg

Marvel Comics has announced that Steve Rogers, the original and current Captain America, will be retiring from the superhero role, and a new hero will wield the iconic shield come October.

Very happy to see Stuart Immonen on art duties.

It also seems its not so much of a spoiler after all though as this image below seems to confirm Sam Wilson/Falcon as the new Captain America...

Avengers.jpg

...unless this is a case of misdirection. According to it, some old characters will be returning in Issue 23.

Yeah...

Old Man Rogers.

Get it. An Old character?!