• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sensation Comics Centerfold

8 posts in this topic

I've been collecting for many years and finally got my mits on a long awaited prize.

I finally got my Sensation Comics #1. While I'm really stoked to finally own a copy, I would be even more stoked to get the centerfold for it. Anyone got a centerfold or a coverless copy they would trade or sell?

This reminds me of an add that Seuling ran in the late 70's or early 80's in CBG. He had the centerfold of Superman # 1 for sale for $1,000.

He claimed (correctly) that with so many Supermen of America coupons clipped off that CF, that there were a lot of damaged copies around. A coverless copy I had for sale at that time (for $300) had a centerfold with the coupon clipped! I cringed at that copy everytime I saw it because I knew it was worth less than an intact CF.

Good luck with your quest. It will probably take you a while!

--Gary

Just keep watching. I had a Daredevil Battles Hitler that was missing the centerfold. I got if for a song and a dance (no the dance wasn't a lap dance!). After about 1 year of Ebay watching, I found a coverless copy and now I have a real nice book that is complete! Every day I did a search for Daredevil Battles Hitler and it finally showed up!

I bought a 70s collection and I randomly came across an All Star 11 front cover only, about 85% complete. I put it up on ebay and the guy hit a BIN for $20. He emailed about how stoked he was since he had a back cover only issue.

Kind of nice to make that sale to the right guy. It really made me think what a great thing ebay really is. Imagine trying to buy or sell that same item in the 80's.

Thanx for the feedback on my quest for a centerfold. If anyone out there happens upon one let me know. I won't hold my breath. I've waited years to get a Sensation #1, whats a few more to make it complete. =p

BTW ... I do have quite a few gold and silver coverless books in my collection. If anyone out there is looking for some, let me know. I'll help out if I can.