• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show August 17

49 posts in this topic

this felt like a true comic show much more than "fan expo" did looking forward to the next one... only thing was if cbcs was there I had no clue they were staying well hidden imo

this felt like a true comic show much more than "fan expo" did looking forward to the next one... only thing was if cbcs was there I had no clue they were staying well hidden imo

CBCS was not there, just a facilitator for their services.

He had 2 large signs on his table.

guess i missed em with all the other stuff around (shrug) where about was he ?

At the table with all the Handsome dealers.

He looks like a Filipino Ryan Gosling.

I was were Cyril's booth is. There is no books to be CBCS worthy for this event unless someone wants something graded. There are a few that showed interest but that's about it. Hopefully we will have more artists for the next event then we can do the sketches.

Looks like an actual comic book show and not a costume festival.

There was also a hi-grade raw Hulk 181 with an aggressive asking price that did not sell at the show but will be submitted to some auction soon... not at my booth. :cry:

There was also a hi-grade raw Hulk 181 with an aggressive asking price that did not sell at the show but will be submitted to some auction soon... not at my booth. :cry:

Be a man and start embezzling. Then it can be at your booth next time.

What? How did I missed not see this one? I wonder if this fellow is from Abbotsford, as I had met someone who had the Hulk 181 of about same grade. hm

And yeah I was there with the gent about the submitting of another grading company. He told me it will be ready next month (or so) to begin do service onward. I'm guessing that will be at the next show in Oct.

For a 1st time comic show the promoters did a great job. Some of the old time collectors walking around the con, I have not seen at any local show in over 8 years. Nice variety of different vendors with a wide mix of vintage comics.

Yes, it was certainly nice to see you again after all these years!

I'll be sure to save you at least one of those Planets (if not more) when the time comes since you seem to remember them a lot better than me. (thumbs u