• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze issues due huge value increases in Overstreet?

32 posts in this topic

OSPG should start reflecting reality by chopping prices on nearly every X-Men bronze book by 50%

what's the point? everyone will then try to get them for half of the new reduced price.

for what it's worth, those bronze byrne x-men in 3.0 - 8.5 condition sell pretty well at my local shop. he probably knocks 20% off guide.

OSPG should start reflecting reality by chopping prices on nearly every X-Men bronze book by 50%

what's the point? everyone will then try to get them for half of the new reduced price.

for what it's worth, those bronze byrne x-men in 3.0 - 8.5 condition sell pretty well at my local shop. he probably knocks 20% off guide.

lol

I agree with phicks on this... I've always suspected that although Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were widely read, and lots of copies are available, they were often regarded as 2nd tier titles, with less long term collectibility. Fewer people were squirrelling away high grade or multiple copies than, say, of Avengers or Amazing Spider-man, so they can be tougher to find in truly high grade. I think some runs of Sub-Mariner and even Daredevil can be tough for the same reason, and some runs like Power Man &Iron Fist #48-50 have risen over time in large part because of such factors.

Or a quarter of the price (if you're talking about the "free spenders" around here). lol:insane:

I agree with phicks on this... I've always suspected that although Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were widely read, and lots of copies are available, they were often regarded as 2nd tier titles, with less long term collectibility. Fewer people were squirrelling away high grade or multiple copies than, say, of Avengers or Amazing Spider-man, so they can be tougher to find in truly high grade. I think some runs of Sub-Mariner and even Daredevil can be tough for the same reason, and some runs like Power Man &Iron Fist #48-50 have risen over time in large part because of such factors.

Quite true. It was always Spidey this, or FF that, particularly in the SA.

Quite true. It was always Spidey this, or FF that, particularly in the SA.

But nonetheless, there are certain FF issues that are scarcer in grade. The discourse on the FF probably holds better for the SA, Spidey for Bronze and X-Men for late Bronze.

And as we approach modern times, we all know how scarce is New Mutants #98! :insane:

I thought Power Man and Iron Fist had been hoarded for a while.

Bats 232 seems to be surging, whereas Tec 400 is sliding.

Anybody ever see any Powerman 24's for sale in HG? I'll pay up if anyone is selling 9.2+ copies. Yes, I already have a WTB thread. Sorry for being OT.

Bats 232 seems to be surging, whereas Tec 400 is sliding.

Anybody ever see any Powerman 24's for sale in HG? I'll pay up if anyone is selling 9.2+ copies. Yes, I already have a WTB thread. Sorry for being OT.

About time Ras gets his due as one of Batmans biggest super villains. :applause:

I cannot seem to find 20 cent (cover price) Hulks or 15 cent Iron Mans in decent shape at any store, or through eBay offerings.

You do realize these comics are about 43 years old now, and got bent in long boxes just due to age and attrition. It is not 1980 anymore, as a lot of collector/dealers seem to be frozen in a time warp :ohnoez: including myself. doh!

:signfunny: and yet we still resist