• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay during Christmas

34 posts in this topic

For the Ebayers here...how well have your comics sold during the Christmas season? I need to come up with some cash for some sudden expenses but I'm wondering if Ebay will pay off right now. It just seems logical to me that people would be spending less money on comics right now with all the expenses of Christmas. Any info would be appreciated.

It just seems logical to me that people would be spending less money on comics right now with all the expenses of Christmas.

Correct. Now is a bad time to sell.

Did you see what Jerry Weist just got for his ASM#86 CGC 9.4????? 893whatthe.gif

For the Ebayers here...how well have your comics sold during the Christmas season? I need to come up with some cash for some sudden expenses but I'm wondering if Ebay will pay off right now. It just seems logical to me that people would be spending less money on comics right now with all the expenses of Christmas. Any info would be appreciated.

Why don't you try posting the books in the Marketplace? It's free!

You are Correct Sir! People are spending less money on comics before Christmas, of course primo books are still bringing primo prices, but other stuff is a little slow. I have a huge collection from an old store owner, but I'm holding off till next month.

I just sold two Nintendo Comics System books, both featuring the Legend of Zelda, for $50.00 acclaim.gif Both were in the FN to VF range.

But a great time to buy thumbsup2.gif

GREAT time! I've gotten several books lately for 20%-30% the prices I normally see them go for.

I've been bidding under $80 on almost every single X-Men 137 CGC 9.6 white pages with perfect centering for about 3 years, and I didn't actually win one until Sunday for $75. cloud9.gif Also, one of the best non-BIN buys I've ever gotten on e-bay was in mid-December 2002, when I won the following book for $250. I just can't see ANY reason it's not a 9.8.

Thor124_small.jpg

as for the X-Men 137...i'd like to have one in 9.6, but there are way too many copies out there in HG that makes me want to wait to it drops to $50. grin.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Coming from someone who's been bidding on them for as long as I have...I'd say you're going to have to wait for the GREAT CRASH for THAT buy! popcorn.gif

Don't forget to prepare for the free listing day on ebay. Usually around the 24-28th. Jack up those prices!!!!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

everybody prepare to HIT the CRACK pipe! blush.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifyay.gif

158_2_24.jpg157_2_32.jpg

...Those are technically DCs you know....