• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay during Christmas

34 posts in this topic

as for the X-Men 137...i'd like to have one in 9.6, but there are way too many copies out there in HG that makes me want to wait to it drops to $50. grin.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Coming from someone who's been bidding on them for as long as I have...I'd say you're going to have to wait for the GREAT CRASH for THAT buy! popcorn.gif

$75 is too high for that book if it's a keeper. As someone else on the thread said, they are supacommon. smirk.gif

How do you account for May '02 being so much stronger than May '03 in the first graph?

There was a pronounced 'crash' in CGC prices in the last half of 2002. The CGC market in the summer of 2002 was still fairly new. The number of books slabbed then versus now was much smaller. In the summer of 2002 it was still unknown how many of the higher grade books (9.6 and above) would surface. I think some books got 'crazy' prices then that they wouldn't get now.

After the shakeout of the last half of 2002, the CGC market settled down some. The long term trend since then has been up.

I didn't really get into CGC books until the summer of 2002. Some of the forumites who have been around longer than that might want to chip in with some comments on the market before then.

How do you account for May '02 being so much stronger than May '03 in the first graph?

There was a pronounced 'crash' in CGC prices in the last half of 2002. The CGC market in the summer of 2002 was still fairly new. The number of books slabbed then versus now was much smaller. In the summer of 2002 it was still unknown how many of the higher grade books (9.6 and above) would surface. I think some books got 'crazy' prices then that they wouldn't get now.

After the shakeout of the last half of 2002, the CGC market settled down some. The long term trend since then has been up.

I didn't really get into CGC books until the summer of 2002. Some of the forumites who have been around longer than that might want to chip in with some comments on the market before then.

At the risk of this degenerating into a great crash thread, there was a significant correction in CGC prices. Books that did not meet these four categories plummeted in value:

1. Post-1965

2. Higher than 9.6

3. Not by any stretch a "key"

4. Relatively low demand compared to other books.

Examples - Amazing Spider-Man 121/122 did not crash. Amazing Spider-Man 123 did.

For the Ebayers here...how well have your comics sold during the Christmas season? I need to come up with some cash for some sudden expenses but I'm wondering if Ebay will pay off right now. It just seems logical to me that people would be spending less money on comics right now with all the expenses of Christmas. Any info would be appreciated.

I did good this week!

I got rid of a whole bunch of Trades at a good price!

Sold my 1602 Series for good Money

Sold my X-men 98

Sold Some Bronze age books

Will Sell my Batman Hush Series this week

$75 is too high for that book if it's a keeper. As someone else on the thread said, they are supacommon. smirk.gif

You crazy investors and your obsession with monetary values! As I mentioned, I've been bidding around $80 for three full years with no luck until now...how long must I wait to get my copy?? Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.giftongue.gif

if you waited this long you can and should wait till it drops to $50. tongue.gif

Having looked for that issue for so long now, it's certainly not that I don't agree that this issue is one of the EASIEST to find from this time period. I can't imagine that there wasn't a TON of hoarding on this one, and the market reflects that idea because at any given time there seems to be 3 to 6 9.6 copies available on ebay. That's why I've held out as long as I have.

I dunno why, but I've seen that issue go back up to averaging over $100 for about 6 to 9 months now. It had dipped to the $90-$100 range last year, which is why I was bidding $80, and I couldn't figure out why it was back up to the $100-$125 range with the supply being so high. I think I agree this one will go down due to the supply, but the demand appears to be so high, that I have no idea when the large supply will kick in to lower the price. And I'm tired of waiting. wink.gif