• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Split DC Showcases into 2 sets 1-61, 62-104

6 posts in this topic

Most folks focus on either one or the other, and it's already a tough set to complete - and you'd give the copper and bronze collectors a set they can aspire to complete.

It might bring some copies out in the open I need.... hm so put me down for a yes. (thumbs u

It would be great for the series as whole due to so many heroes involved in the full run.

Did you drop a recommendation to the registry forum yet?

Most folks focus on either one or the other, and it's already a tough set to complete - and you'd give the copper and bronze collectors a set they can aspire to complete.

You are absolutely right, the collectors of older/later issues are not the same (maybe following the size of their wallet).

Interesting idea but I would not be sure how to split the set.

I never have tried to collect any issue over 93.

In my mind, there is 1-93 only (I always thought the showcase legacy was more "1st Issue Special" than showcase 94-104).

When I tried to define different era for showcase, I only found one "natural" separation : 10 cents (1-35) and later (36-up).

But even this is not enough : issues before 20 are very scarce, more than 20-35. On the other side, issues 80-93 are clearly bronze age and in all ways different from 36-80...

I got headaches sometimes !!! :makepoint:

So I don't feel a mere spit into two sets would be accurate.

But this is only my opinion ! ;)

Did you drop a recommendation to the registry forum yet?

I thought that's where this was, but if not please advise - or feel free to forward it :grin:

There's some question as to where the splits should happen, maybe it should happen at #64 (the last Spectre preview) and others may think it should be further subdivided (BPLZ). All definitely valid ideas. I'll leave it to the experts to decide whats best if a split is approved.

Anyone know what the process is - is this considered an "official" method for requesting a change to the registry - or is there something else I need to do (shrug)