• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREAT COMPLETE CONAN COLLECTION - CGC

9 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33811&item=2294715632

This is a great set folks. Take a look at Comic Link and you'll find that just the 1st 24 issues of Barbarian are selling for over $4,000 in this shape. Great investment if someone wants to sell them individually. If they don't sell on Ebay, they are going on Comiclink to be sold individually.

**Conan the Barbarian**

#1 CGC NM- White

#2 CGC NM- White

#3 CGC NM- OW/W

#4 CGC NM- OW/W

#5 CGC NM- White

#6 CGC NM- OW/W

#7 CGC NM+ OW/W

#8 CGC NM White

#9 CGC NM- OW/W

#10 CGC NM+ White

#11 CGC NM- OW

#12 CGC NM- OW

#13 CGC NM- OW

#14 CGC NM- White

#15 CGC NM OW

#16 CGC NM White

#17 CGC NM OW

#18 CGC NM White

#19 CGC NM White

#20 CGC NM- OW

#21 CGC NM OW

#22 CGC NM OW/W

#23 CGC NM OW

#24 CGC NM- OW.

#25 - #275 are mostly in NM+, with some in NM and some in NM/M. Nothing less that NM.

**Conan Annual**

#1 CGC NM- OW/W

#2 - #12 all in NM+.

**Conan Giant Size **

#1 CGC NM OW/W

#2 (Kubert File Copy) - #5 all in NM

**King Conan**

#1 - #55 all in NM+.

**Savage Sword of Conan Annual**

#1 in NM

**Graphic Novels** (all in NM or better)

Conan: Red Nails

Conan: The Witch Queen of Acheron

Conan: The Skull of Set

Conan: Of the Isles

Conan: The Reaver

Conan: The Ravagers out of Time - All in NM

Lastly Conan Movie Special #1 and #2 and Conan Universe #1 NM+.

I think this is the first CGC auction of books without using numerical grades I have ever seen.

Great set TLC. thumbsup2.gif

I'm kind of old school. Do you think that I should translate the auction details to 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6?

At that price, only a veteran comic collector will buy it. So they should know the equivalent numerical grades. I wouldn't worry about it.

Did you buy those issues yourself or buy them raw/slabbed?

I think this is the first CGC auction of books without using numerical grades I have ever seen.

Great set TLC. thumbsup2.gif

I'm kind of old school. Do you think that I should translate the auction details to 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6?

If you want top dollar yes. It's all about the BIG NUMBERS with the HG CGC buyer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At that price, only a veteran comic collector will buy it. So they should know the equivalent numerical grades. I wouldn't worry about it.

Did you buy those issues yourself or buy them raw/slabbed?

I added the numeric grades in the auction details.

I purchased them CGC graded on Ebay, Heritage and direct. It took about 3 years to complete the collection. My goal was NM- or higher with great page quality and QP. I'm getting solely into comic art now. That being said, I would be interested in a partial trade of comic art if anyone is interested (PM me).