• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How dumb can an ebay scammer be ?

51 posts in this topic

Dang if sellers started saying return for full refund no partials this might nip the growing band of roving rats chewing away at profits.

Nip the problem in the bud and have him send it back for a full refund.

Block the guy and sell it to the next person. You should have no trouble selling this cool book to another buyer. ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

yeah-we should all start doing this consistently-the partial scavengers are getting outta control

And, they should be added to blocked bidder list

I've always offered em and now that I think of it, I've given a lot of them. And, I feel used.

Here is the epidemic at hand. A buyer buys a book with intentions of cracking it out, pressing it and having it re graded, so whats he do? he cracks the case and hits up the seller for a partial. Hello? he's cracking it out anyway. Get the book back. DONT GIVE PARTIALS (tsk)

I'm actually looking forward to the next time someone asks for one.

'Please return item for full refund and sorry for dissatisfaction.'

I just had that happen now. Sold a 6-issue mini series and shipped them out bricked together in a flat-rate envelope. Buyer claims that three of the issues arrived bent and wants a partial refund.

Umm...hello...??? They were bricked together. How did three get bent and three remained unscathed?

He opened a case, of course, so I'm having him return them all. Eff him.

Peace,

Chip

Good job Chip

Thats how we deal with these guys from now on

The old 'corners got bent in shipping' is the new 'dog ate my homework'

The go-to excuse for being lame

I dont sleep well and it's sporadic...

you would be shocked at my eating habits-I eat once a day, at 2 AM. I make dinner, go to bed at about 11, wake up at 2, eat, go back to bed

Here is the epidemic at hand. A buyer buys a book with intentions of cracking it out, pressing it and having it re graded, so whats he do? he cracks the case and hits up the seller for a partial. Hello? he's cracking it out anyway. Get the book back. DONT GIVE PARTIALS (tsk)

that buyer's gonna have a hard time returning the book as sold if he's already cracked it out...

I just had that happen now. Sold a 6-issue mini series and shipped them out bricked together in a flat-rate envelope. Buyer claims that three of the issues arrived bent and wants a partial refund.

Umm...hello...??? They were bricked together. How did three get bent and three remained unscathed?

He opened a case, of course, so I'm having him return them all. Eff him.

Peace,

Chip

I think doing full refunds is the smart move for most sellers....but three books could show spine damage while the other three don't IF you ship it out with three facing one way & three facing the other.

Lots of people ship that way.

2c

+ 1000

There is either a problem, or there isn't.

I rarely give partial refunds, cause I don't usually believe their reasons for wanting them, and of course ebay don't like it either - I fear it's only a matter of time before UK buyers start acting the same way.

Get ahead of it. Call ebay customer service and have the cs rep make notes on the account regarding the picture. Have him return he book, have a feeling he might return the 7.0. And if he does, call cs again and upload a pic of the 7.0. Also save a pic of his 7.0 that he had for sale. Better to have this proof.

+1 on including this ebay member ID for blocking purposes

eBay kills me on scams. I get a guy who probably bent the book themselves (with the way I ship its impossible to bend without the jaws of life) and with probable intention of pressing it back to its original form to try and get partial refunds so I'll gladly take the return back any day.

if its not a scammer its buyers remorse. If anyone has any recommendations on policies they add to their ebay listings to prevent these happenstances, please forward :thumbsup:

"Issues 3-6 are in good condition though, is there a way for me to keep those and just return the damaged issues 1-3 for a partial refund?"

Gee, I wonder what three issues he needed to complete his set?

Sorry, punk...no deal. Return them ALL.

Peace,

Chip