• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC '13 Problems

53 posts in this topic

So last year before SDCC I sent in 3 books to Desert Wind for some signatues at the show. I received 2 of them back in September of last year. Both ended up having lower right corner damage(NCB Bends). Could've been from shipping or handling by anyone. Just part of the risk of sending in books. :devil:

But the third book, Walking Dead 100, that was to be signed by Kirkman was just lost. Desert Wind kept me informed and eventually said it was gone and mailed me a replacement. What they sent was a 9.8 signed by Kirkman and Adlard of the same issue, which they said was free. I received that book back in October.

At that point I felt like everything was done. But last week I receive a phone call from FEDEX that they have tried 3 times to deliver a package to me and I wasn't there to sign for it. They told me it was from CGC and I found out the address they had is the one I have just moved from. I wasn't expecting anything from CGC now as my only order is in verified and some sketch opps I've joined aren't finished. FEDEX is sending the package to my new address and should deliver it today.

I haven't had any kind of communication with anyone, outside of FEDEX, about what this delivery is until this morning. I woke up and saw an email for an invoice from Desert Wind charging me $111 for the comp book they sent me. I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for this. We're almost to SDCC '14 and I'm just getting a book I sent for last years and have had no communication about until today saying I owe money.

So am I just being a little too disgruntled about this? Or am I right to think I shouldn't pay this?

I would just send the replacement book back to DW if you get the correct book from CGC. Yeah it sucks that you didn't get your book for over a year but I still think it's the right thing to do.

So, the book you received today is the book that DWC had originally told you was lost? Did you reach out to DWC already? What did they say?

You'd already been comped a replacement, so this is the actual book you'd mailed them for the sigs opp, right? If that's the case, see if you can just return them one of the books for a zero balance.

I'm with Greggy. They decided to send you a comp book. You didn't magically make someone (either DWC or CGC) find the book. It's a gift they sent you to make up for a problem their customer had. I had a package get diverted from Amazon once (3 figure item) I called them because it said delivered but wasn't. They overnighted a new one and I got it. A month later I got the original package. I called Amazon and they told me that I should just keep both. I only paid for the one.

That has happened to me with Amazon too, a couple of times. In both instances, Amazon has requested I return the "extra" item. I assume they would charge me for the additional item if I didn't.

So, the book you received today is the book that DWC had originally told you was lost? Did you reach out to DWC already? What did they say?

You'd already been comped a replacement, so this is the actual book you'd mailed them for the sigs opp, right? If that's the case, see if you can just return them one of the books for a zero balance.

The book thats coming today is my original one that was lost. I haven't reached out to them yet. All I have is an invoice that showed up in my email this morning. There is a difference between the comp and my book in that the comp book has Adlards sig as well. Mine should only have Kirkman's.

The book thats coming today is my original one that was lost. I haven't reached out to them yet. All I have is an invoice that showed up in my email this morning. There is a difference between the comp and my book in that the comp book has Adlards sig as well. Mine should only have Kirkman's.

How did you come to acquire the comp book? Was that the agreement you reached with them, or did they send that as a courtesy due to losing your other book? I find it extremely irritating that they would send you an invoice for an item you did not actually order or purchase; the only reason you have it at all is because of their mistake.

That being said, I can see how they view it as compensation for your lost book, which is now found, but they should have started with a "Good news! Your book is found!" message, not an invoice.

I received the comp book after inquiring about the whereabouts of the missing book. I received 2 of the books and asked them what happened to the other. I was told it had been signed but was lost by CGC somehow. So they offered me the comp book for free. I of course, said sure and figured everything was done.

Now out of nowhere FEDEX is hitting me up trying to deliver something and then I get an invoice for the comp book. My other 3 books were paid for back when I sent them my original invoice of the 3 books for signing.

I'd consider sending them the comp book back if they cover shipping. You shouldn't be out a dime extra because of their mistakes.

And your other two books were damaged before being returned to you raw, right?

I received the comp book after inquiring about the whereabouts of the missing book. I received 2 of the books and asked them what happened to the other. I was told it had been signed but was lost by CGC somehow. So they offered me the comp book for free. I of course, said sure and figured everything was done.

Now out of nowhere FEDEX is hitting me up trying to deliver something and then I get an invoice for the comp book. My other 3 books were paid for back when I sent them my original invoice of the 3 books for signing.

Either send them back the book from FedEx (your lost one) on their dime, or keep them both. I wouldn't pay anyone anything more than you already have.

And you certainly should not pay for someone else's issue/mistake/loss.