• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC '13 Problems

53 posts in this topic

And your other two books were damaged before being returned to you raw, right?

No they were graded by CGC and got yellow labels. One came back 9.0 and the other 9.2. I gave the 9.0 to my brother-in-law for Christmas and might have the 9.2 pressed someday.

I received the comp book after inquiring about the whereabouts of the missing book. I received 2 of the books and asked them what happened to the other. I was told it had been signed but was lost by CGC somehow. So they offered me the comp book for free. I of course, said sure and figured everything was done.

Now out of nowhere FEDEX is hitting me up trying to deliver something and then I get an invoice for the comp book. My other 3 books were paid for back when I sent them my original invoice of the 3 books for signing.

I think I also have a problem with the $111 charge, which seems kind of arbitrary and high to me. What's GPA on a WD100 double signed?

Well I received the original, lost, book. It seems during its time MIA it was able to get Charlie Adlard's signature back in May of this year. It did get a 9.8.

I've also sent an email to DWC asking whats up with the invoice.

DWC wrote back and said the guy in billing was unaware of the situation and just saw an unpaid book. They will give me a packing slip to mail the comp book back and I don't owe them anything. So in the end I keep my original book with an extra sig. A bit of an annoyance but everything worked out in the end. Good thing I didn't sell the comp book.

DWC wrote back and said the guy in billing was unaware of the situation and just saw an unpaid book. They will give me a packing slip to mail the comp book back and I don't owe them anything. So in the end I keep my original book with an extra sig. A bit of an annoyance but everything worked out in the end. Good thing I didn't sell the comp book.

You got two damaged books, and a year plus wait, and a demand to return a book that was given to you. I'd say this tipped in their favor. I wouldn't be happy that I simply "don't owe them anything".

You got two damaged books, and a year plus wait, and a demand to return a book that was given to you. I'd say this tipped in their favor. I wouldn't be happy that I simply "don't owe them anything".

This. Replace this example with any other business transaction and then tell us which company gets to damage your merchandise, then (worse in my opinion) lose one of your books for a year, then return that lost item with unrequested work a year later with no explanation (you stated it was only to be signed by Kirkman, why should they assume you even want Adlard, it's your book and not theirs to mark up).

In this scenario I'd think you're well within your rights to keep that complimentary (i.e. free) book freely offered by that company as compensation for your less than stellar treatment by said company. For that company to ask for that book back is a strong statement about what that company thinks of your business and their entitlement.

It would be good to hear from DWC on this. They'd already lost my business, and I suspect they are losing a few more clients over this fairly despicable incident.

I did originally want Adlard. But he was not at SDCC that year and I had discussed with them to not worry about it. But I do see everyone's point. But at this point I will send it back and just be done with them.

As far as the damage its hard to place blame on anyone specifically. But now that my missing book showed up without damage it does lean more to their handling as the other 2 were signed by different people and ended up with the same damage. If it was during shipping all 3 should've been crimped in that corner.

I think I'll stick with the facilitators I've met here on the boards from now on. Thanks for the advice everyone.