• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC '13 Problems

53 posts in this topic

I agree with your current position. There's really nothing to be gained by antagonizing them at this point; you have what you originally contracted. The bonus you got is the knowledge that there may be better ways to get yellow labels for your books.

$50 if you burn it and film it.

+ $20

+ $20 but I'll need to see the youtube video before I paypal.

adi7q.jpg

To the most part I have had a positive experience with them, but I have been waiting over 2 years for a book, that they said had to be relabelled because CGC has mislabeled it. They claim the wait is on CGC's part, which is possible, but it has been over 2 years. As well, I have always had a problem with their billing system. I shouldn't be begging them for a bill, I don't receive my books until the bill is paid. I have been waiting since April for my bill, 10 emails and still nothing.

My 2 cents....you should return one of the books.

Then, DW should offer you a small token to make up for the aggravation; maybe something around $25-$40 of value.

They offered him a token, they're just classy enough to ask for it back. At $110 that's still only about 30 cents a day compensation for the year he waited for his book. Does that seem unreasonable? Keep in mind that DWC sent the "free" book, the OP didn't ask for it.

People... people... people...

Let's call it what it is. You should not have to pay DW and they should never even had the audacity to invoice you. However... let's be real for a second. If your actions do not result in an action that is favorable to them by their standards, you run the risk of never being able to do business with them again.

Want your books signed somewhere down the line? Then you had best do what they want.

If you don't give a damn, then you can do anything you want.

Let's call it what it is. You should not have to pay DW and they should never even had the audacity to invoice you. However... let's be real for a second. If your actions do not result in an action that is favorable to them by their standards, you run the risk of never being able to do business with them again.

Want your books signed somewhere down the line? Then you had best do what they want.

There's nothing they offer that you can't get from a dozen other facilitators.

Which is probably how I'll go from now on. I'm just waiting on them to send me a shipping label so I can mail them the book back. Maybe that will take a couple years too. lol

Which is probably how I'll go from now on. I'm just waiting on them to send me a shipping label so I can mail them the book back. Maybe that will take a couple years too. lol

Back in the bad old days when DWC was exclusive with guys like McFarlane, or they ran all the Stan ops at shows you had no choice in those cases. Now that is no longer the case, and you can use any number of very good facilitators for your books. Do you really want to do business with anyone who would treat you and your books this way?