• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT AN AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

A very sharp copy, and probably one of the nicest I have seen. This is a very tough book in grade with that dark brown cover. The price is pretty out there though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Based on reported sales prices on Doug's site, it appears that there is room for negotiation from the listed price. I'd be interested in hearing why the other big BSD Marvel collector doesn't want this, though.

Looks like a 9.6 to me and a bargin for only $30K. I tell you those old labels. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Serious? You can tell from that scan? I'd love a close-up of the top rt corner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sharp eyes as usual. Excellent! headbang.gif

Looks like a 9.6 to me and a bargin for only $30K. I tell you those old labels. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Serious? You can tell from that scan? I'd love a close-up of the top rt corner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just see so many cases where old labels have been harshly graded in comparison to stuff you see today that is a grade higher. This book is very very sharp and my first reaction is 9.6. Looks too nice at first glance to only be a 9.4.

screwy.gif

Don't sell yourself short. You're right as usual! 893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

Don't sell yourself short. You're right as usual! 893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gifscrewy.gif

Stunning chocolate brown cover, and as the blurb says amongst the top 3 toughest Marvels period (with just a single 9.4 on the census). Here is a scan I have of the #84 from my archive. Personally, for the money involved I am not sure I could live with that top right corner. Good luck to Doug nontheless, I have little doubt a book of this quality will shortly find a home. thumbsup2.gif

p.s. Doug or Vincent can probably tell you a lot more about the Canadian Collection, but it was limited to a perfect NM/NM+ run of J.I.M.s that has thrown up the only #84 & #90 in 9.4, as well as a run of early 9.6's (incl. a #95 in 9.6 !!!). Vincent told me he was working late in the office one night, when he pounced on an e-mail that had gone out to several dealers offering the entire Canadian J.I.M. run for sale. cloud9.gif

668116-jim84NM.jpg

668116-jim84NM.jpg.c7ed5f1f3a51e623ec196ae3063db72d.jpg

I just see so many cases where old labels have been harshly graded in comparison to stuff you see today that is a grade higher. This book is very very sharp and my first reaction is 9.6. Looks too nice at first glance to only be a 9.4.

A bargain at 30K??? I think the quest for HG has clouded the judgement of some people. Sure it's a tough book but it isn't even a key. crazy.gif

And please don't trot out the 'but it's the second appearance of Thor' line. This book was hardly even on the radar befor CGC came along, and was certainly not even remotely close to being a 30K book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif