• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

June's results are in

29 posts in this topic

At least now people will stop with the hyperbolic 'omg this is the 90s all over again.'

That's never going to stop especially for those that lived thru it. I don't see it yet, but I do worry when I start to see a glut of that marketing showing up again.Id like to think we are smarter now, but who knows.

The only aspect of the hobby currently that I could possibly say compare to the 90s is the recent influx of card dealers back into comics again. That was one of the contributors to that bubble back then.

I thought Outcast's numbers would be much higher (at least twice what they are), especially with speculators jumping all over a new Kirkman #1.

Apparently Image didnt think like you.. Its actually 86k and its sold out

I imagine that the print numbers reflect the actual orders and a small overprint (which is to be expected regardless of what the orders were). I just thought that the initial orders would have been much higher with people ordering tons in advance.