• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RESULTS: CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9

24 posts in this topic

Summary of Round 9

And with ONE ROUND to go, the stakes go up for everyone involved. The response: EIGHTEEN DOUBLE BULLSEYES. :applause:

Holding onto FIRST PLACE for the sixth consecutive round, zuckuss2003 valiantly beats back all comers. :cool:

Hot on his heels and only four points back, canickus, genrlzod and TheGeneral wonder whether it is too late to catch him. Each reflects on the misstep that may have cost them the chance for victory. hm

Hoping for one last stumble by the front four, toro waits in the wings, hope slipping away... :eek:

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is now at 60. If you are below 60, finishing with honor is all that you have left.

Good luck everyone! :acclaim:

It's a fight to the finish! :sumo:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

:applause:

No one does it better than you, Shin. (worship)

You know, I am pretty sure everyone was just kidding around about you missing a round.

Oh, I know that. :) It takes a nation of ball-busters to hold me back.

trick is to remember to put stuff on the board :D

That...is why I fail.

Peace,

Chip

You'll be fine. (thumbs u

...just put the

"Peace,

Chip"

in your signature line. :wishluck:

Summary of Round 9

Hot on his heels and only four points back, canickus, genrlzod and TheGeneral wonder whether it is too late to catch him. Each reflects on the misstep that may have cost them the chance for victory. hm

True, so true.

My wreck occurred in Round 7 on the Batman 47. Love the book but I missed that one by 5 grades. I went with a grade of 5.5 (the actual was 8.0). I thought I saw rust lines from the staples and figured that the rust migration would drop the grade. I also compared the book with the Rockford pedigree 7.0 and thought the Rockford was much better.

batman_rust_migration_zps1e813851.png

You win some you lose some. Now I am trying to hold on to a top five finish.

To Andy and Shin,

Great tournament - Thank you for all the hard work. It has been fun. There are probably a bunch of us that have taken for granted that we have had the opportunity to grade about $15,000 worth of books.

Summary of Round 9

True, so true.

My wreck occurred in Round 7 on the Batman 47. Love the book but I missed that one by 5 grades. I went with a grade of 5.5 (the actual was 8.0). I thought I saw rust lines from the staples and figured that the rust migration would drop the grade. I also compared the book with the Rockford pedigree 7.0 and thought the Rockford was much better.

batman_rust_migration_zps1e813851.png

You win some you lose some. Now I am trying to hold on to a top five finish.

To Andy and Shin,

Great tournament - Thank you for all the hard work. It has been fun. There are probably a bunch of us that have taken for granted that we have had the opportunity to grade about $15,000 worth of books.

+1 on the thank you at the end.

I was pretty sure those rust marks were transferred from another book at some stage, rather than migration from the staples in this one. The book was pretty solid overall and I didn't think they'd do too much harm.