• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Keys -The List!

125 posts in this topic

I think that without doubt Vampirella #1 and Savage Tales #1 need to be included. Both may be magazine size, but they are just as much comic books as anything else. Vampi #1 was published in September 1969 (close enough) and Savage Tales #1 in May 1971.

1st Issue Special 8

All Star Wester 10

Amazing Adventures 11

Amazing Spider-Man 96, 97, 98, 101, 121, 122, 129, 136, 194

American Splender 1

Astonishing Tales 25

Avengers 93

Batman 232, 234, 251

Cerebus 1

Conan 1

Daredevil 131,158, 168

Detective Comics 400

Ghost Rider 1

Giant Sized X-Men 1

Green Lantern 76, 86

Hero For Hire 1

House of Secrets 92

Hulk 180, 181, 182

Iron Fist 1, 14, 15

Iron Man 55

Jimmy Olsen 133, 134

Marvel Feature 1

Marvel Premiere 1, 15

Marvel Special Edition 15

Marvel Spotlight 2, 5

Marvel Team Up 1, 53

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 27, 28

Superman 233

Tomb of Dracula 1, 10

Werewolf 32

Wierd War Tales 1

X-Men 94, 101, 108, 121, 122, 137

No magizines at this time. This list seems to satifiy most of the posters. We will have to poll a few of the more questionable books. Last thing I would like to do is make a list of the TOP 25 MUST HAVE BRONZE AGE KEYS from the list above! Please post below. thumbsup2.gif

Hero For Hire #1...First Luke Cage 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know this book sells for coin but is it a key? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you consider Luke Cage an important character, yes.

I would definitely call it a key, if books like IF #1 can make your list, this HAS to be on there.

If you consider Luke Cage an important character, yes.

I would definitely call it a key, if books like IF #1 can make your list, this HAS to be on there.

Hero For Hire was the first black superhero in his own book and is far more important than something like Man-Bat.

Let's start a poll to get man-Bat taken off this list.

This list seems to satifiy most of the posters.

Once again, Detective 400 is the first appearance of the Man-Bat, a nothing character few outside our little world knows about, and X-Men 101 is the first appearance of The Phoenix, a character who was not only prolific in comics but will be front and center in X3.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

This list seems to satifiy most of the posters.

Once again, Detective 400 is the first appearance of the Man-Bat, a nothing character few outside our little world knows about, and X-Men 101 is the first appearance of The Phoenix, a character who was not only prolific in comics but will be front and center in X3.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

Nope, not alone. I was pretty shocked X-Men 101 wasn't on the list from the start. I would put it above Detective 400, Amazing Adventures 11, ASM 101 and 194, among others. As far as the argument that a character's movie appearances (or potential movie significance) shouldn't affect its key status, then why is TOD 10 on there? Blade was hardly a blip on the comic book radar until his movies. Yes, I know that Phoenix isn't for sure in X3 yet, but she had a huge impact in the X-titles as well as being the precursor of Dark Phoenix. I would put that above Man-Bat or Furry Beast any day.

gossip.gif 101st appearance of "Marvel Girl" confused-smiley-013.gif

108th appearance of X-Men, 53rd appearance of MTU, 26th appearance of Iron Fist.

All this "first Byrne on middle page of comic showing Wolverine with a buzz cut" stuff is even worse than highlighting a totally unimportant character like Man Bat.