• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2014 - No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom Waits

122 posts in this topic

Welcome to SDCC 2014 Couch Tour

ScreenShot2014-07-21at125329PM.png

Not going to the big show? Trust me, I know how it feels. While still on injured reserve :censored: I've missed the Piano Man, Phish, a Jimmy Buffett show and a couple of other events having to watch from afar. This is known as "couch tour". The one good thing about Couch Tour is that there are no lines for the bathroom, the beers are always the ones I want and there is no cut off.

Ever since I joined up on these boards, I like to give a lil' something back once in awhile. For the past couple of years I have done a round up for the New York International Toy Fair and SDCC. Usually each year I do a round up of the toy reveals and images by linking to the appropriate sites as well as hosting some images on my own.

This year I am going to do it a little differently. Each post will have links specific to that category that I can edit and update as the con goes on. Feel free to post in this thread with newsworthy items. So pull up a beverage of choice, sit back and see what is going on for those of us left behind.

(You didn't want to be stuck behind the 300lb guy that reeks of body odor dressed like a female anime character anyway.)

Warning: remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen:

bearded_cosplay02.jpg

Reserved for Marvel

Movie Announcements 2015-2019 (Y/M/D):

• (Looks to be more than five new movies according to Variety and IGN
  • 2015-05-01 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • 2015-07-15 - Ant Man
  • 2016-05-06 - Captain America 3
  • 2016-07-08 -
  • 2017-05-05 -
  • 2017-07-28 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  • 2017-11-03 -
  • 2018-07-06 -
  • 2018-11-02 -
  • 2019-05-03 -

Events

Other

Reserved for DC

DC Movie News

2016-05-06 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

:news: 201?-?-? - "Reserved for the big announcement"

dwayne-johnson-the-fall-guy-mcg.jpg

Too bad though it is not going to be this:

The-Rock-Dwayne-Johnson-New-Movie.jpg

Tumbleweed.gif

Comic News

Other Related

Reserved for Hasbro and Mattel and Sideshow... (Sideshow- amazing as always)

Hasbro

:news: Hasbro Press Release on all Exclusives can be read HERE

SDCC Exclusive: Transformers

Age of Extinction Dinobots in Gen 1 Colors Set - Direct Link to TFW2005.com where they revealed that Hasbro is releasing four of the current Dinobots from the Age of Extinction in their Gen 1 Cartoon and Toy Designs. Same toys on the shelves but repainted and packaged with a pop up Ark playset.

group01_1403186020.jpg

SDCC Exclusive: The Infinity Gauntlet

The Infinity Gauntlet will be released by Hasbro as a wearable glove and a set packaged with Death, Thanos, Starfox, and Nebula. There will also be a gift set of four 6" Thanos Imperative themed figures of Star Lord, Medusa, Black Bolt and Gladiator. Credit to Comics Alliance.

Hasbro-Infinity-Guantlet-SDCC-2014.jpgThanos-Imperative-box-set.jpg

SDCC Exclusive: 6" Scale Jabba the Hutt - ( meh - no throne)

Black Series 6" Scale Jabba the Hutt is the "big" reveal for this years SDCC. Packaged with Salacious Crumb, his Hookah and a cardboard package that folds into his throne. There is a slot for last years Han Solo in Carbonite Block exclusive. Credit to Toyark.com

Star-Wars-sdcc-black-series-jabba-the-hutt.jpg

SDCC Exclusive: 6" Scale Cantina Showdown - (meh - both figures have already been released and are pegwarming.)

Greedo and Han Solo are packaged together facing one another in a window box designed to look as if they are sitting across from one another. These are basically the same figures sitting on the shelves collecting dust at TRU. Still, a con exclusive. Read more about it HERE at Toyark

Star-Wars-Black-Series-Cantina-Showdown-Set.jpg

SDCC Exclusive: GI Joe: Danger at the Docks GI Joe 50th Anniversary Set: Danger at the Docks This set will feature the Vamp II, Prototype Case Flint, Cobra Eel with the Night Landing as well as a trunk load of weapons. This set has also been reported to be made available at Toys R Us online at their .com but not at their brick and mortar stores.

09-DangerAtTheDocks-ComicCon1.jpg

Sideshow Toys: (All News taken from their press release blog)

• - 6th Scale Luke in X-Wing Gear, C-3PO, Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike, :news: Tie Fighter Pilot are coming.
  • - Sideshow renewed their license with DC
  • - There is a LOT of Iron Man items coming out

Reserved for Lego

Upcoming Product : UCS Dark Knight Tumbler

Lego Unveils UCS Dark Knight Tumbler at SDCC Credit to Brothers-Brick. LEGO has unveiled a massive UCS-scale version of the Tumbler from The Dark Knight. The vehicle will measure over 15 inches long and 9 inches wide, has a full interior cockpit, and includes a nameplate, and Batman and Joker minifigs. Although LEGO has produced several versions of the Joker previously, this will be the first appearance of Heath Ledger’s Joker from The Dark Knight. UCS Tumbler (76023) will be available in September for $199 USD, and includes 1,869 pieces

ScreenShot2014-07-21at10029PM.png

Upcoming Product : Star Wars Lego Sets include: 75084: Wookiee Gunship from Star Wars: Rebels,

75084_Wookie-Gunship_LSW.jpg

Lego Exclusives

The last minute reveal from Lego IS... the 1960's Classic Batmobile which will be exclusively offered at SDCC. Read more about it at FBTB.net and ToyArk

Batmobile_Exclusive_2014-800x453.jpg

Lego is publishing a comic book with the Lego Special Edition Comic Compilation using a "Lego-ized" Tec 27 Cover. The issue will compile the mini comics that have been included in the DC sets and clocks in at 24 pages long. Here is the Brothers Brick Article

14710155414_e1ab472682_z.jpg

How about $39.99 for the Rocket Raccoon and his warbird? This years giveaway figures include The Collector and Bard the Bowman from the Desolation of Smaug. If anyone wants to help a brother out on the Rocket Raccoon exclusive lmk. (Hint Hint) and also :news: Zur-En-Arrh Batman Minifigure.

rocket_ship-600x251.jpgScreen-Shot-2014-07-21-at-10.55.25-AM-582x480.png

Bard-Bowman-326x235.png

Zur-En-Arrh-Batman-Minifigure.jpg

Lego Showcase

Lego always designs and builds a few cool things that are just for show at these types of events. Here is a Lego Rocket and Groot, Mr. Stay Puft, giant Shredder from TMNT and :news: a giant Amazing Spider-man:

Raccon-and-Groot.jpg

LEGO-Stay-Puft_4271-333x500.jpg

shredder0014-2jpg-0d1c5f_960w.jpg

LEGO-Booth-Spider-Man-Statue.jpg

:news: This is the 15th Anniversary of Star Wars Legos. Lego marked the occasion by setting up a display cabinet of every Star Wars minifigure ever produced. Read more about it HERE

lego-sdcc-case.jpg

lego-sdcc-case-minifigures.jpg

Lego Rumor <- Turned out to be true. Check out Lego SDCC Exclusives.

People believe that the 66' Batman is coming based upon the poster and "hint" that it may reveal. All of the Batmobiles on the right of the poster has been released. The only one that has not been released is the one that Batman is leaning on.

LEGOBatman75thAnniversary_zps657ff7c9.jpg

Reserved for Star Wars and other Media

(Yes I know that Disney Marvel and Star Wars are all one big incestuous family but with the new film coming it deserves its own thread.)

Star Wars Rebels Reveals:

Episode VII Reveals:

Other Media Reveals:

Jurassic Park sequel, Jurassic World hints at the return of the raptors. See the teaser poster and read about it HERE

I have more... I was making my own McRib since I do not eat McDonalds anymore. I grilled up thinly cut pork tenderloin, grilled some red onion with dill pickle mixed with BBQ sauce and Sriracha on a ciabatta roll.

This is why couch tour is amazing.

I have more... I was making my own McRib since I do not eat McDonalds anymore. I grilled up thinly cut pork tenderloin, grilled some red onion with dill pickle mixed with BBQ sauce and Sriracha on a ciabatta roll.

This is why couch tour is amazing.

That sandwich sounds amazing! I hope ya feel better.

And unlike the McRib, that's actually considered food!

lol - Thanks!

Just refresh the main page for now as I am updating things in those five posts.

I already added some things in for Marvel Universe, Lego and Transformers. GI Joe stuff that has been revealed will be coming up along with a few other things.

In the meantime... enjoy a Lego Stay Puft Marshmallow man that will be put on display, but is sadly not for sale. I may have to construct one of these for myself.

LEGO-Stay-Puft_4271-333x500.jpg

Lego released a time lapse video of them putting him together for the big show.

That's it for now... I updated and added in a couple of Lego things, added Sideshow announcements to what is now the Hasbro / Mattel / SIdeshow thread as well as pictured the GI Joe and Star Wars exclusives.

Maybe more later but definitely more as the week gets closer.

How Lego plans on giving away minifigures this year.

If you remember, last year there were a few hiccups in how the ever valuable mini-figures were distributed at San Diego Comic Con. From Bricks to Bothans, details how the process will be going down this year. So if you are going to the big dance, know how you are getting the prize.

I have verified how LEGO will be handling their minifigure exclusives giveaway. Here’s what you need to know:

FBTB.net: Lego's Process on How to Get SDCC Minifigures

Giveaways begin every day at 12:30pm upstairs in the Sails Pavilion starting on Thursday.

They are indeed using an iPad and there will be multiple iPad stations to expedite the line.

There will be only one line. Once you get to the front of the line you can choose whichever iPad station you’d like to try your luck at.

Your badge will be scanned first to prevent repeat customers.

Once you’ve been scanned and are good to go, you push a button on the iPad display and you will find out instantly if you’ve won or not.

If are a winner, you join another line to claim your prize.

If you are not a winner, you will go cry in the corner exit the line and try again the next day.

A different minifigure will be given away each day starting on Thursday.

There are approximately 1,750 of each minifigure to be given away.

Kids badges do not have bar codes but will be allowed a chance to win so long as their parent is present to get their badge scanned. So both a parent and a child will be allowed a chance at the iPad, with the parent’s badge being scanned twice.

Read the rest of article with the link provided.

Updated a few things on Page 1... look for the :news: sign.

The 1960's Batmobile is a last minute reveal as a SDCC exclusive. I doubt I will be able to get my hands on it, but the pieces are readily available in other sets and are on the cheap side of things. If anyone lands a scan of the instructions please PM me and I will post them in a thread sometime down the road.

I also added some pics to the lego side of things as well as the actual release dates for all Marvel movies booked through 2019.

There is more information coming across the night, I will add things into the main page as I see them.