• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Just an FYI - the Lost Valley Detective 27 was beautiful, EXCEPT for the missing coupon on the back cover, which took it to a CGC 2.5. Sold for $34,500 in August, 2003 - what do we think it would go for now?

Has CGC changed their label designations since this was last slabbed back in 2003?

Since it is missing a coupon, I thought board members have stated that CGC would now considered this to be an Incomplete comic and therefore simply grade it as a CGC 0.5 Poor if slabbed with a blue label. Since this missing coupon book has been graded as a 2.5 Good+ copy, would it not be slabbed with a Qualified GLOD if graded today? ???

Again, what is the reasoning behind offering it on eBay rather than an auction like heritage where the auction lasts until the second to last bidder decides to bow out?

When the auction is done on eBay that is it.

Heritage seems to work like a true auction. Comic Connect adds the three minutes to each listing until no one wants to bid anymore.

Again, what is the reasoning behind offering it on eBay rather than an auction like heritage where the auction lasts until the second to last bidder decides to bow out?

When the auction is done on eBay that is it.

Heritage seems to work like a true auction. Comic Connect adds the three minutes to each listing until no one wants to bid anymore.

There is only a $250 max auction fee and all bidders must show proof of $3 MIL liquidity before being permitted to bid. I doubt there will be a whole lot of shinanigans.

I'm not a huge fan of 20% buyers premiums but that's just me.

The 20% buyer premium doesn't affect the buyer, you just factor it into your total bid (the site does it for you).

It affects the seller.

Is there a way to see the actual auction? All I can get to is that same ad page we've seen for a month.

+1 Same with me, I would like to see this auction online. Tried look up in eBay this morning but found nothing of the said Action Comics #1 discussed here. Anyone have the link to it?

I'd say the final bid would be between 3.5-3.7M :popcorn: