• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to the PGX 9.0 copy? (shrug)

Still owned by the same person. Saw it in person a few years ago. It was quite stunning.

CGC 9.2?

My guess is it would be cgc 8.0 sp... But maybe higher. I've never seen in person

If I recall correctly I think the owner wanted $1M for it? Probably good that he held on to it if it will grade out as an 8.0 sp [but via CGC, not PGX!] because its probably worth about that much now.

Boy they really blew the launching of this listing as you'd figure that they would have hammered out the start time weeks ago. :juggle:

It's restored. No way worth a mil. Maybe 300k

Still owned by the same person. Saw it in person a few years ago. It was quite stunning.

CGC 9.2?

My guess is it would be cgc 8.0 sp... But maybe higher. I've never seen in person

I've seen it in person.Hard to tell about ct and whatnot.Was restored by a person know for color touching books.

Couple of tear seals too, right?

CGC 9.2?

I've seen it in person.Hard to tell about ct and whatnot.Was restored by a person know for color touching books.

Why would someone do that to an 8.0? And how could PGX miss it?

CGC 9.2?

One on the back cover.that I remember.

$2MIL is a no brainer, eyes closed. I'm guessing that even a few very interested dealers would bid it that high.

I'm betting that it breaks $3MIL though. It sure is a pretty looking copy.

The seller turned down 3MIL....so it will be interesting to see what happens. :popcorn:

I can't believe he turned me down - I thought I made a fair offer! Just cuz it was all in pennies??

$2MIL is a no brainer, eyes closed. I'm guessing that even a few very interested dealers would bid it that high.

I'm betting that it breaks $3MIL though. It sure is a pretty looking copy.

The seller turned down 3MIL....so it will be interesting to see what happens. :popcorn:

I can't believe he turned me down - I thought I made a fair offer! Just cuz it was all in pennies??

I don't blame you for the pennies. The Coinstar fee is ridiculous!

ive heard from reputable sources that Jerry Seinfeld will be the winner of this book.

jerry wants the book.

the dentist will not sell his copy so this is the best available copy.

it blows the other 9.0 away

this 9.0 looks 9.2 and the colors are so strong and fresh and of course the white pages

jerry is worth over $600 million so 3-5 mill is pocket change for him

Current bid:

US $1,125,100.00

wow! That was quick. :o

I think I was the first or second bidder. Will wait till closer to the end to bid again (if)

Every time Ive ever won a high dollar auction (on a much lessor scale) Ive always been aggressive early. Shake out the weak hands then snipe it at the finish.

ive heard from reputable sources that Jerry Seinfeld will be the winner of this book.

jerry wants the book.

the dentist will not sell his copy so this is the best available copy.

it blows the other 9.0 away

this 9.0 looks 9.2 and the colors are so strong and fresh and of course the white pages

jerry is worth over $600 million so 3-5 mill is pocket change for him

So using the same logic, why didn't he buy the other 9.0 when it was the only 9.0 and, at the time it came up for sale, the best available copy? He couldn't have known at that time that the first 9.0 would be "blown" away by this copy.