• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

There should be a list of who owns them and their security codes, dogs safe commands etc

Do we have any idea who any of these people are?

Also, is there some list of who does own one? (I know some would not want it to be made public that they own a million dollar book)

I could have sworn I heard at some point that Jim Lee owns one.

The two board members? Yes.

Also, is there some list of who does own one? (I know some would not want it to be made public that they own a million dollar book)

I'm guessing Gator is one…who's the other?

:acclaim:

:acclaim:

(worship)

I've seen some crazy estimates of 4 to 5 million on this book and I guess it's possible but anything over 2.5 seems strong.

I'm guessing it will sell for around $3.25 million,

I think anything past 3 mil is strong. Since Darren turned down 3 mil, I'd expect the bidders are prepared to go past that

One thing is for sure, if either Rick or Adam win it, we can expect one hell of a sales thread shortly after :banana:

I like the way you think.

One thing is for sure, if either Rick or Adam win it, we can expect one hell of a sales thread shortly after :banana:

I like the way you think.

I wonder how many long boxes of drek it would take for filter to trade it?

hm

3 million has to be the current high bid or will b sniped if someone was already willing to offer that much prior to the auction. Unless that offer was just a rumor to spur interest. Others may be testing the waters but ultimately, if someone other than that guy who offered

$3mil wants it he knows he's going to have to top that. I do.t dee this copy getting resold for a while.

From everything I've read about Jerry Seinfeld (including his two AMA reddit interviews where the topic came up), he doesn't collect comics, doesn't currently own an Action 1, has no interest in becoming a comic book collector, and won't be bidding on this or any other Action 1.

(shrug)