• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Turns Black?

72 posts in this topic

Why no Native American cap?

How many native american comic heroes are there? Probably enough to count on one hand.

Off the top of my head...

Red Wolf (MIA, cant remember the last time he appeared in a comicbook)

Danni Moonstar (New Mutants, not sure what she's doing now)

Thunderhawk (deceased)

Warpath ( hm )

Why no Native American cap?

How many native american comic heroes are there? Probably enough to count on one hand.

Off the top of my head...

Red Wolf (MIA, cant remember the last time he appeared in a comicbook)

Danni Moonstar (New Mutants, not sure what she's doing now)

Thunderhawk (deceased)

Warpath ( hm )

And they always have the cliche names and lives

Very hurtful

Marvel how bout just a guy with a reglar superhero name that happens to be a native of America?

Yeah 2 other threads went poof merely for discussing race in a calm civil manner

Moderation is all over the map....

Captain America Did Not TURN black.

Sam Wilson always was black.

He is now carrying the mantle.

Cap Did Not turn anything

I guess Iron Man turned black when Rhodes took over the book.

By the way, Rhodes is The definitive Iron Man for me since he was the one wearing the armor when I picked up my first issue of the title back in the day. I didn't even know who Stark was for a while. I had to deal with Stark coming back and eventually accepting him.

Recalling the re-telling of Cap's origin story in Captain America #109, the intent of the US government was to create an army of super-soldiers using Professor Reinstein's new secret serum formula. After injecting Steve Rogers, the Professor was killed, and with him went the formula's secret.

It would be hardly a stretch from the original storyline to have a formula re-discovered and used to create Captain Americas of a variety of ethnic backgrounds, or a stretch from the original storyline that 'Captain America' was a concept not restricted to caucasians.

Recalling the re-telling of Cap's origin story in Captain America #109, the intent of the US government was to create an army of super-soldiers using Professor Reinman's new secret serum formula. After injecting Steve Rogers, the Professor was killed, and with him went the formula's secret.

It would be hardly a stretch from the original storyline to have a formula re-discovered and used to create Captain Americas of a variety of ethnic backgrounds, or a stretch from the intent expressed in the original storyline that 'Captain America' was a concept not restricted to caucasians.

I take it you haven't read Morales' Truth: Red White and Black? That was basically the concept. Using the Tuskegee experiments as a way to test and work on soliders to redevelop the super solider serum.