• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Turns Black?

72 posts in this topic

This is still a thread?

I thought for sure based on the title alone it would have gone "poof" by now...

lol

I was thinking the same thing. The title is kind of hilarious in an Archie Bunker-ey kind of way.

This is still a thread?

lol

I was thinking the same thing. The title is kind of hilarious in an Archie Bunker-ey kind of way.

Once, I rolled over in bed and turned Asian.

Then I got out of bed and turned gay.

While brushing my teeth I turned female.

It was a heck of a day. :insane:

I really couldn't care less one way or another. I'm more peeved about them retconning Tony Stark's dad into the creation of Captain America. :eyeroll: This movie continuity is annoying.

Everything has to be related. Now you have SHIELD behind the first superhero team and they have their fingers in everything else too. This wasn't the case for many years in the MU.

This is still a thread?

lol

Kafkaesque.

This is still a thread?

lol

Kafkaesque.

Yeah, I left out the insect part.

I really couldn't care less one way or another. I'm more peeved about them retconning Tony Stark's dad into the creation of Captain America. :eyeroll: This movie continuity is annoying.

Everything has to be related. Now you have SHIELD behind the first superhero team and they have their fingers in everything else too. This wasn't the case for many years in the MU.

Stan Lee, while doing a great job expanding the Marvel universe didn't really think it woukd grow into what it became so each expansion was an add on.

When they took it to the movies they had to do several things

1) build a cohesive universe that woukd both make sense and be believable

2) use existing characters that they still owned the rights to

Personally, if you can get past the changes, I think they did a spectacular job of building a universe that ties in SHIELD, Stark, Hulk, Cap, Inhumans, Space, etc. Even if they lost some of their largest franchises they namaged to build a new and powerful universe.

It ties together very well.

Stan Lee, while doing a great job expanding the Marvel universe didn't really think it woukd grow into what it became so each expansion was an add on.

When they took it to the movies they had to do several things

1) build a cohesive universe that woukd both make sense and be believable

2) use existing characters that they still owned the rights to

Personally, if you can get past the changes, I think they did a spectacular job of building a universe that ties in SHIELD, Stark, Hulk, Cap, Inhumans, Space, etc. Even if they lost some of their largest franchises they namaged to build a new and powerful universe.

It ties together very well.

Until the inevitable reboots tear it all down and make it even more confusing.

The first 2 issues of this have been pretty good. The creative team is solid. The only thing that kind of bothers me is that Sam didn't get any kind of power upgrade aside from the shield. Some kind of strength/stamina enhancement would have been better. At the least Stark needs to invent something for him. I always felt like Steve Rogers could take down anyone, and it's tough to get that same feeling with Wilson. It reminds me of how I felt when Bucky was Cap.