• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sample of [!@#%^&^] I receive for protecting people

60 posts in this topic

From seller: nochips concerning this thread. ----> (This Thread)

"Ricky, not everyone on the forum is your pal. One of the regulars sent me an email about your comments, he was really interested in you profile. The man is an attorney, he told me to complain to CGC Forum about you and get those comments changed. They are slanderous.

If you feel that stronlgy about me that's great. Tell all of your pals, but keep it off the forum, Your remarks have no merit at all. I didn't rip you off, I gave you your money back.Your remarks are illegal, it's called slander.

You have already left me great ebay feedback, followed up with some more unusual comments. That makes you look pretty dumb.

Do you even know what you are doing? How foolish are you to leave those childish reamrks in a public forum?

Remember this, I gave you your money back. I may find guys like you a waste of time, but I gave you the money back. I did not rip you off, you were paid back. I never once left a bad public comment about you, even though your immature tactics deserve some public addressing.

FYI, people are bidding on my auctions because of you, they are looking at lots and bidding.lol, I know that was not your intention, but thanks for the help.

If you continue to do this I will have no choice but sue you."

My reply:

I never assumed that everyone on here is my pal and I answered a question that Osbourn_france asked me. I told him how it went down and that is that. I never said that you didnt return my money.

Darthdiesel is a friend of mine that likes to kid around and bid on your auctions in good fun. I doubt he would ever buy from you raw like I did. (Big Mistake)

I didn't check to see if I ever stated that you are a ripoff, so I will go back and look to see if I wrote that and will gladly edit that part out if I put that. I will not however, take off the truth.

Hmmm I wonder who the mole is tongue.gif Easy to figure out since there aren't too many lawyers (assuming that this is even true in the first place). However I doubt this is the case. I believe this person was tipped off of his "overgrading" because he spam mailed someone about his auctions and received a reply stating that he is an overgrader and that he would not receive a bid from this person. smirk.gif Go spam mail king. tongue.gif

I have a lawyer too. Adam London from Pasadena, California who represented Gary Coleman as well. I can provide the phone number if you don't believe me.

Shhhhh... I'm the mole! shocked.gif

Go tell the loser to [!@#%^&^] off. In one breath he's thanking your for talking about him, and then he's telling you he's gonna sue you. What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

Don't worry about it bonds. My "slander" is concerning sorry grading in my opinion, while this person openly stated that I switched a book on him during a return! Now which one is slander? grin.gif Childish hypocrite with an ego problem IMO smirk.gif

As long as you only stated the facts about this guy (whoever) Ricky, then you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure most people around here know that you do/say the things you do to help us all out and prevent fellow collectors being taken for a ride.

All this talk of lawyers and suing is just BS. Don't let people like this sway you from the path of righteousness. Keep doing what you do dogggrin.gif

I am not worried at all. I have an extremely well known lawyer who would kick his lawyer's [!@#%^&^] anyday. tongue.gif The funny thing is, this person accuses me of slander while he tells others that I switched a $10 book on him on a return. Atleast I had the balls to come to him like a man and explain my reasoning behind my opinion on the grades of the books he sold me. He emails people and tells them that I switch books behind my back. If he had any intelligence he could have compared the scans he had with the book I returned which had distinct pink spots all over the middle of the front cover!

I assume this would be the seller known as NoChips?

Yeah, I wonder of the wimp will come on here. I await his presence. grin.gif

Well, valentine's day is tonight for me guys, so keep an eye out on the hood for me while i'm gone and watch my back. tongue.gif Peace

Well I know i could kick all those lawyers' asses put together! Since my shoulder has healed up i am back lifting and swimming full time - and besides I have watched a lot of WCW, WWF and NWA wrestling in my day and if i couldn't crush them with the iron claw, I am also the master of the pile driver. Any so-called attorney threatening legal action over this must have a pretty slow practice. I would pick a more lucrative field than comic book grading mishaps - maybe dog bites or McDonalds glutony suits.

Rick, I know you have a way with words and it's not like you to start an accusation with "I don't feel this guy is being honest" instead of a this guy's a rip-off artist. But, if you're worried about the threats, I do believe no one can sue you for what you're feeling. That way you're not calling him anything. You're just expressing a feeling or an opinion.

In any case, you've opened up my eyes on what scams exist on e-bay and how to notice them. With what I've learned, no one's going to take advantage of me because of what you taught me. It's appreciated and I'm sorry you're getting this reaction from whoever.

I also realize that some of the people you expose are professionals at what they do and will stop at nothing to continue preying on people who don't know better, including legal threats to try and make you stop.

I am not a lawyer, but maybe there is a better way for you to word things that won't expose you. I know its not as much fun, but I feel its best to avoid legal stuff. With respect to lawyers, they are usually the ones that win.

Dogg,

Take it from someone who's already been through this tripe: a real authentic lawyer will not threaten to sue...a real lawyer will just SUE period. Not hem & haw and do a buch of chest-thumping. Remember Procrustean & his threats against me after my barrage of CROOK quips? He was going to teach me good, I was going to regret slandering him for sure.

Yeah. Right.

I've learned during my short time on the internet (and especially here on this forum) that people act about 10 times tougher than they would face to face when communicating on the web. Why? Because there is normally no repurcussions, no consequences to face. So fat mouths flap in the proverbial wind at the drop of a dime. Don't let it get to you.

And here's the funniest thing about this situation: you could be hands-down guilty...and we still wouldn't believe it. Your presence here and the way you handle yourself speaks for itself.

And remember, I got your back, Hound. We Power Packers gotta stick together. cool.gif

#27 Forever!!

Rick

"Rick, I know you have a way with words and it's not like you to start an accusation with "I don't feel this guy is being honest" instead of a this guy's a rip-off artist. But, if you're worried about the threats, I do believe no one can sue you for what you're feeling. That way you're not calling him anything. You're just expressing a feeling or an opinion.

In any case, you've opened up my eyes on what scams exist on e-bay and how to notice them. With what I've learned, no one's going to take advantage of me because of what you taught me. It's appreciated and I'm sorry you're getting this reaction from whoever.

I also realize that some of the people you expose are professionals at what they do and will stop at nothing to continue preying on people who don't know better, including legal threats to try and make you stop.

I am not a lawyer, but maybe there is a better way for you to word things that won't expose you. I know its not as much fun, but I feel its best to avoid legal stuff. With respect to lawyers, they are usually the ones that win."

Glad I can help! tongue.gif I always post potential scams on here all in fun and also to protect those who view this forum. The majority of the regulars can sniff these out on their own, but I post them for the non-registered users who come here to read about comics. What better place is there to also learn about scams invloved in our area of ebay? grin.gif

The person that I have quoted is not a lawyer (check out his excellent spelling). He is threatening to sue me. I gave him the name of my Lawyer and he can always pm me for the phone number if he would like to take it to that level.

You are right! It is my opinion that he sells overgraded "NM file copies" raw. Possibly because this person has cherry picked the collection and sent the nice ones in to cgc?

"Dogg,

Take it from someone who's already been through this tripe: a real authentic lawyer will not threaten to sue...a real lawyer will just SUE period. Not hem & haw and do a buch of chest-thumping. Remember Procrustean & his threats against me after my barrage of CROOK quips? He was going to teach me good, I was going to regret slandering him for sure.

Yeah. Right."

HEHE, so you mean he never sued you? confused.gif Man!...and I thought he was serious smirk.gif