• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling to Canadians...never had a problem until now!

144 posts in this topic

Just ignore his messages from here on in. He obviously knows everything, and thinks you know nothing, so just do what you need to do, block him, and move on. Arguing with buyers rarely goes well, even when they're completely wrong.

Totally agree (thumbs u

Just wondering what will happen with the book...?

What did you mark on the package?

And please, please, please, send him a link to this thread.

I would rather not do that until this is said and done, trying to protect my feedback :wishluck:

He complained about customs and refused the package. eBay should remove any negative feedback.

Just ignore his messages from here on in. He obviously knows everything, and thinks you know nothing, so just do what you need to do, block him, and move on. Arguing with buyers rarely goes well, even when they're completely wrong.

Totally agree (thumbs u

Just wondering what will happen with the book...?

Is it insured? Even if it's not, Priority is so expensive precisely because it offers a return service if not deliverable, or refused. The real issue is the multiple trips through the mail.

I once sent two Batman Death in the Familys to Boozer in the UK, and it was a huge cluster...customs was trying to charge him some ridiculous fee, and the books ended up coming back to me...no damage!

I would rather not do that until this is said and done, trying to protect my feedback :wishluck:

He complained about customs and refused the package. eBay should remove any negative feedback.

Absolutely, though you may need to fight with drones for a while to get through.

hm

eBay is kind of like Star Wars...you have to kill a lot of Stormtroopers before you get to someone with any real authority....

Best advice so far! This buyer is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Please let us know his eBay ID so I can block him.

As a Canadian who regularly sends and receives packages from the U.S.

Customs fees are a part of doing business. Plain and simple.

In no way did customs hold this package for inspection due to the size of the box/packaging.

It's random and Canadians get away without paying customs the majority of the time as packages are rushed through.

Best advice so far! This buyer is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Please let us know his eBay ID so I can block him.

As a Canadian who regularly sends and receives packages from the U.S.

Customs fees are a part of doing business. Plain and simple.

In no way did customs hold this package for inspection due to the size of the box/packaging.

It's random and Canadians get away without paying customs the majority of the time as packages are rushed through.

Bingo!

Thanks guys. Who knows how long it will take the package to make it's way back to me...I'm sure he will be hounding me asking for his refund on a daily basis.

First time for everything I guess...package refused because it was too well packed! doh!

What's the buyer's eBay ID ??? Please post when you have a second.

I PROMISE I will eventually out him but am just trying to hold off until this is over and I get the book back. He may not neg me but clearly he is very unreasonable and I am just trying to protect my perfect feedback.

I know I'll likely be able to get a neg removed since it's completely unjustified, but I'm sure it will take awhile having to go through 8 million miles of Ebay red tape...

Absolutely, though you may need to fight with drones for a while to get through.

hm

eBay is kind of like Star Wars...you have to kill a lot of Stormtroopers before you get to someone with any real authority....

You and I both know the vast majority of businesses are now run this way. I refuse to feel sorry for the "no answer" drones.

+ 1

Duty, provincial taxes, customs fees are all part of living up here.

Canada Customs do random checks on parcels. After the parcels clear customs, they are handed over to Canada Post for delivery.

As a Canadian if you can't live with these extras fees than don't buy from US buyers or ship them to US relatives like I do.

Another option if you live close to the border, open a US PO box and have the books shipped there.

I do this regularly and then just declare them when I bring them over the border.