• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would it take to perfectly fake a GA comic?

30 posts in this topic

I wonder how many fake books sit in collections-OP of that thread said a CGC rep cracked it and didn't see anything suspicious about the case....

You would have to have aged paper of the precise formula used in 1938. But, you would be printing on that aged paper, and new ink on old paper looks different than aged ink on aged paper. You would have to hire a chemist to reformulate inks that no longer exist, and somehow find a process that ages the inks. You would need the original pages-anything else wouldn't be the same resolution.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE

It is possible and has been done with old document for years.

I guess my point is you cannot make an undetectable fake

Art fakes are much easier to make and very easy to detect using gas chromotography of the paint as well as other techniques.

Yes, you could make an Action #1 fake that would fool a non expert

Nothing is impossible. It's just easier to steal 1,000,000 credit card numbers from a hacked company and bang out forged cards. Art counterfeiters do it for the sport as well as the money.

Float in the air and turn invisible right now

Nothing is impossible. It's just easier to steal 1,000,000 credit card numbers from a hacked company and bang out forged cards. Art counterfeiters do it for the sport as well as the money.

Just did it. Did you miss it :grin:

OK good-now, appear in my apt and do it

OK good-now, appear in my apt and do it

I'm afraid house calls cost.

HOLY! How did you do that???? I was just sitting here and-

Nothing is impossible

Just because I can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. If man created it, man can duplicate it.

Besides, I was in your apartment and you were sleeping. Your mayonnaise is expired. Throw it out.