• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying raw comics on ebay is a risky business...

84 posts in this topic

I know of a comic book store owner that in the 1990's ran a black sharpie along the tip of the spines of some of his books, from that weeks items to back issues to improve their appearance. No, this is not hearsay. This went on in front of me.

No, he is no longer in business but he was for well over ten years.

No, my books are not sourced from his store.

Would be nice to give his name and shop name for people who might have bought from him or trace books back to him.

(And you too, Fastballspecial.)

Its been many years ago when I was in my early 20s in college. I know locally no shops will buy from the guy, but I don't know his name only what he looks like. I live in Southern Indiana and shops as far as Kentucky know to look for the guy. Now this was all before CGC mind you. So we are talking what at least 15 years ago? Id love to point him out if I could.

The MO he used was to mark up black books with a sharpie and had a tendency to do ASM books a lot.

Never, never buy raw comics on eBay

hm

(bunch of CGC 9.8 pics)

All bought raw off EBay :)

Well done ! :applause:

Goof for you! :headbang:

You are the 1% who actually get what you paid for.

No, you are the 1% who can't grade or detect restoration and don't trust raw books.

CGC loves you sooooo much.

lol