• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #31 cgc 9.0...record price?

33 posts in this topic

and you've gotta think Action 1 in CGC 9.0 would go for around a million; those two could definitely even out with each other in 15-20 years. Hard to believe that at least one or two Action 1s in 9.0 or better won't get slabbed over the next decade to make the population more well-defined.

Dont be too sure on both accounts, FF. Sure as other comics prices go, a million for 9.0 Action #1 seems like a no-brainer to US, the fervent comics fans. But how many of us could afford a million? It cant sell if noone who WANTS it can pay for it, right? As for one or two 9.0s turning up?? that may not happen. The Church copy as you know is one, but the so-called 2nd and third best copies are, by all accounts, probably 8.5s at best depending on the way CGC decides to grade them. And the chances of another killer copy surfacing are remote - -possible, sure, but remote.

So while I agree with you that a 9.0 Action#1 is worth a million (or two!!) --- finding a buyer to lock in the price isnt gonna be so easy. I wonder if Parrino's offer for the Church copy is even still on the table anymore. Seems to me that the best Action #1s are locked up in collectors' hands for the long foreseeable future, and their true values can only be guessed at.

I wonder if Parrino's offer for the Church copy is even still on the table anymore. Seems to me that the best Action #1s are locked up in collectors' hands for the long foreseeable future, and their true values can only be guessed at.

I thought Parrino's offer was for a "Universal" 9.4, not the Church copy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Can you imagine the what would happen if "The Dentist" ever decided to sell the Church copy (from what I've heard that isn't in the plans)? 893whatthe.gif

Who could even play that game? JP, Geppi, and ?????? confused.gif

I wonder if Parrino's offer for the Church copy is even still on the table anymore. Seems to me that the best Action #1s are locked up in collectors' hands for the long foreseeable future, and their true values can only be guessed at.

I thought Parrino's offer was for a "Universal" 9.4, not the Church copy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Can you imagine the what would happen if "The Dentist" ever decided to sell the Church copy (from what I've heard that isn't in the plans)? 893whatthe.gif

Who could even play that game? JP, Geppi, and ?????? confused.gif

Jerry Seinfeld.

I really don't think JP would be interested unless he knew someone he could sell it to.

That's the problem with the top books. Who do you sell it to if the biggest collectors are the one's selling?

Yes, there are tons of rich people who COULD buy it, but are they INTERESTED?

And are DEALERS really interested in pay TOP DOLLAR for top books when they DON'T know who the next buyer might be? They might end up tying up a ton of cash for a book that might sit for years. It's much easier if the book is only several thousand dollars as they are pretty sure when it sells, they will make a healthly profit.

I really believe most dealers would rather try to get the book consigned to them (than outright purchase it). If they could make $100,000 without shelling out a dime, who wouldn't work the phones (and emails) trying to make the sale.

tongue.gif

Dont be too sure on both accounts, FF. Sure as other comics prices go, a million for 9.0 Action #1 seems like a no-brainer to US, the fervent comics fans. But how many of us could afford a million? It cant sell if noone who WANTS it can pay for it, right?

I confidently predict that no comic book will EVER sell for a million dollars. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dont be too sure on both accounts, FF. Sure as other comics prices go, a million for 9.0 Action #1 seems like a no-brainer to US, the fervent comics fans. But how many of us could afford a million? It cant sell if noone who WANTS it can pay for it, right?

I confidently predict that no comic book will EVER sell for a million dollars. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How can that be when $2 million has already been offered (and rejected) for one?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

How can that be when $2 million has already been offered (and rejected) for one?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

You already answered your own question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

You already answered your own question. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Clever boy! Are you saying that you don;t see a comic that would sell for a million but maybe one that would sell for over two million but the reminader would either be under or over a million? Or am I just stuffed too full of blueberry muffins? (hope someone gets the blueberry muffin ref!)

West

Maybe that offer has "expired" and having been rejected, will not be repeated... ?

ANyway, we wont know until one of the top copies is put up for sale. Either someone will step up at 7 figures.... or it will sit unsold... or go for less. But - - i definitely think an Action #1 is a million dollar item.... just not an easy sale.

The Church copy as you know is one, but the so-called 2nd and third best copies are, by all accounts, probably 8.5s at best depending on the way CGC decides to grade them. And the chances of another killer copy surfacing are remote - -possible, sure, but remote.

My memory is telling me that Fishler said here in the forums that he has seen another unpedigreed 9.2 copy of Action 1. That's what made me say one or two--the thought that the Church copy, the one Fishler was referring to, or possibly another one would finally get slabbed.

You're the king of brief, defiantly contradictory, thought-provoking comments. tongue.gif

Just a little something to get the party started. grin.gif