• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #31 cgc 9.0...record price?

33 posts in this topic

That does seem a little high. Will the heat ever cool on ASM? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

actually, for the more common early spidey's, i'd say the heat has cooled appreciably.

i can't sell my OO #8 in 9.0 for $1250 on Pedigree, yet the average sale price over the past year of the GPA contibutors is over $1400 and a copy sold (presumably) on comiclink this year for $1700.

the max bid on my #19 just surpasses the e-bay sale of this #31 by only $29, so far. and both these books have been up there for months now....... confused.gif

I sold my 8.5 oww copy for $250 last year, which up until recently seemed like a great price. Strangely, the 12 Month Average is more than double in 9.0 than it is for 8.5 ($600 compared to $257).

I can understand 9.2 copies commanding multiples of lower grades (with only 9 on the census), but there are 17 9.0's compared to 18 8.5's ! 893whatthe.gif

I guess this current price was simply down to a couple of bidders who wanted a 9.0 copy right now, and were not willing to wait for the next one to come along. The seller must be going...yay.gif

i can't sell my OO #8 in 9.0 for $1250 on Pedigree, yet the average sale price over the past year of the GPA contibutors is over $1400 and a copy sold (presumably) on comiclink this year for $1700.

the max bid on my #19 just surpasses the e-bay sale of this #31 by only $29, so far. and both these books have been up there for months now....... confused.gif

Spidey 8 and 19 are amongst the easiest early Spideys to find. #31 is one of the hardest...DEFINITELY harder than 8 or 19.

Spidey 8 and 19 are amongst the easiest early Spideys to find. #31 is one of the hardest...DEFINITELY harder than 8 or 19.

Not only that, Harry, but the high bid on your Spidey 19 9.0 is 20% above the latest Overstreet NM- price...

can understand 9.2 copies commanding multiples of lower grades (with only 9 on the census), but there are 17 9.0's compared to 18 8.5's !

Well, I guess most of those 9.0's have found stable homes because you rarely see them for sale. I'm curious to see how the 9.6 does in February's Heritage auction.

can understand 9.2 copies commanding multiples of lower grades (with only 9 on the census), but there are 17 9.0's compared to 18 8.5's !

Well, I guess most of those 9.0's have found stable homes because you rarely see them for sale. I'm curious to see how the 9.6 does in February's Heritage auction.

You are right, this book just hardly ever comes up in grade. Some books, even those with lower census numbers, regularly appear for sale as they get constantly flipped from one person to the next.

Maybe this book is more of keeper, kind of like DD #7 seems to be. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That does seem a little high. Will the heat ever cool on ASM? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where is the praying graemlin?

How soon till same numbered issues of Siper-Man sell for more than their corresponding issues of Superman? I bet it's already happening on certain issues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How soon till same numbered issues of Siper-Man sell for more than their corresponding issues of Superman? I bet it's already happening on certain issues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another 15-20 years should do it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another 15-20 years should do it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only if you don't compare equivalent grades to each other. In other words, Action 1 in 9.2 will always be worth more than Amazing Fantasy 15 in 9.2 simply because there are more of the Spidey issues available.

It's unclear how far you'd offset the grade comparisons. Today, you probably have to compare a Superman 8.0 to a Spidey 9.4, but that could eventually become something like Superman 9.0 issues to Spidey 9.4 issues. Amazing Fantasy 15 in CGC 9.4 goes for $100K to $150K today, and you've gotta think Action 1 in CGC 9.0 would go for around a million; those two could definitely even out with each other in 15-20 years. Hard to believe that at least one or two Action 1s in 9.0 or better won't get slabbed over the next decade to make the population more well-defined.

actually, for the more common early spidey's, i'd say the heat has cooled appreciably.

Maybe try a different venue for the ones that haven't sold?

Maybe try a different venue for the ones that haven't sold?

Shhhhhhh.........Doug might hear you......... grin.gif

probably gonna try that with one book as an experiment - nothing to lose. confused-smiley-013.gif