• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OAFCON (Oklahoma Alliance of Fans) Con - October 25-25, 2014

21 posts in this topic

I wanted to shout out for the 2014 OAFCON. It has many years since I attended my first (late 70s) and I continue to enjoy this small but classy convention with usually lots of golden age, rare and obscure material available. It is Norman, Oklahoma this year.

I didn't realize how long they have been around. From the Facebook page -

"OAF ..Americas longest running old comic books and nostalgia club. Since 1967 bringing fans together for buying, trading and getting an education on the great collectibles of yesteryear!"

I highly recommend this con. Links below -

http://oafcon2014.blogspot.com/2014/06/blog-post.html?spref=fb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oaf-Oklahoma-Alliance-of-Fans/142749562421173

A month and 20 days away! :applause:

Are you going to set up a table?

Not this year. We thought about it but that's a tough weekend for us. We will try to make it up one day as attendees, but will have to see closer to the date.

I hope the location change doesn't hurt attendance. It is a much better property than the previous years but being outside of OKC albeit 25 minutes to the south. Maybe it will help draw some Dallas folks.

Bart and crew always put on a good show and you can't complain about the admission fee.

I can't wait! It'll be nice to attend a comic convention that's focused on comics, rather than Hollywood celebrities.
This is exactly that. I wish I could make the 9-hour drive, but too much going on this week. This is a truly fun show that always has great stuff and fandom legends. If you can get there, you should. Nuff said! :sumo:

I can't wait! It'll be nice to attend a comic convention that's focused on comics, rather than Hollywood celebrities.
This is exactly that. I wish I could make the 9-hour drive, but too much going on this week. This is a truly fun show that always has great stuff and fandom legends. If you can get there, you should. Nuff said! :sumo:

Yeah, I was hoping to make it but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen. We just did a long weekend at the Dallas show, and between getting caught up at work and preparing for two whole house moves, plus a 1,400 mile round trip to Kansas the following weekend, and I think my mental health dictates that I take this weekend off of travel. :frustrated:

Went to my first OAFCon today (Sat. 10/25/14). Ran into some old friends; made some new ones. Was particularly impressed with the selection of Golden and Silver Age books. I didn't land any of the Matt Baker books I was wanting, but that's what I get for being two steps behind Bud Plant.

Collectors were having one-on-one (or sometimes up to three-on-one) conversations with some true experts. Being able to talk personally with people like Bruce Shults, John Wooley, Ike Wilson, Wally Stahl and others about their areas of expertise is like going to school. (But a lot more fun.)

OAFCon 2014 is packed with personable, knowledgeable people who are happy to be together, surrounded by what they love most. It was well worth my 4-and-a-half-hour round trip. We need to keep this going in Oklahoma, so if you didn't make it Saturday, be sure and go Sunday.