• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN #101 what do you think?

25 posts in this topic

There's a little bit of scuffing on the top left corner, some minor damage along the top edge, and a noticeable crease at the bottom right corner. If the book is white pages, then I'll say 9.4. Off-white pages I'll say 9.2.

Combination of stress cracks, damage to lower right/upper left corner and stain at top of comic, puts this at somewhere between a F/VF to a VF-. But I'm not sure how visible everything is on this comic as this is a huge scan.

CGC 6.0-7.5 AT BEST (stain at top edge--and it looks like it is over an inch long, nasty dinged corner on the bottom). NO WAY a book with a stain and dinged corner gets a 9.0.

Very Fine - - 7.5

Fine/Very Fine - 7.0

Fine + - 6.5

Fine - 6.0

Apologies for harshing on anyones mellow smile.gif

Okay, the book received a 9.2...and the stain at the top was ink overspray, not a true stain...but still...a 9.2 with that lower corner?? Was the rest of the book near perfect (i.e., only an incredibly small number of spine stress marks, if any at all)?

I still say that if the overspray was a waterstain, the book would have received a Fine/Fine+ grade at best.

Edited to add the words after mellow

Christopher H.

This one's tough because it has things that you don't really know if CGC downgrades for..the discoloring in the X-men banner..and the ink spray along the top. I'd grade it as an 8.5, but I can see them giving a 9.4 especially after seeing some of the MS 5's that pass as "9.4's". So I'll stick with my opinion of the grade and say CGC was tough and gave it an 8.5

Brian

I'd agree with Murph on this one and go with a 8.5. The ink over spray on the top, the factory crease that breaks color on Cyclops face, any back cover minor defects , and the corner dings might push it to a 8.0.

Tom

My guess is a 9.0 or lower since (among other things) there seems to be a questionably area around the CCA that I am not sure is caused by the scanner or is on the book itself. ie: the indentation on the lower right corner (in the blue area) and the stain at the bottom right of the "t" in "differant".

The ink stain at the top and the production crease should not affect the grade too much.

And whats with the pink splotchy stuff all over the cover???

The pink-stuff is a transparent effect from the inside cover ad. I will be posting the actual CGC comics tonight around six. The scan is 3x larger than the comic itself which may make defects seem worse than they are. smile.gif