• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need to find someone in who can verify signatures?

58 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can verify signatures as genuine on objects. I have a comic book - Four Color # 223 Donald Duck by Carl Barks (story written and artwork). There is his signature on first page inside - bottom edge, but I'm not able to confirm if it is for real or not?

I need a professional who can check and provide a document form to show this signature is genuine. I'm near Vancouver and wonder if a local collector know anyone around this city?

Here is the book:

DonaldDuckFC223_zpsf2194fa7.jpg

DonaldDuckFC223back_zpsd5710c56.jpg

The signature on first page:

DonaldDuckFC223openpage_zpsd6c16f43.jpg

DonaldDuckFC223signture_zps47e4f42d.jpg

Any more details - please PM me, thank you.

I can confirm the inscription is to someone named "Bill". But that's the extent of my expertise. Good luck!

lol Yeah... that name. Same expertise as mine. :foryou:

I'm pretty good and that looks legit comparing to several Barks exemplars also it does not display the slowly written sig typical with forgeries with plenty of stop and start points-it was cleanly written rapidly

I compared size of letters, distance between them, angle of letters and baseline angle as well as individual letter matchups it all looks good.

I'm pretty good and that looks legit comparing to several Barks exemplars also it does not display the slowly written sig typical with forgeries with plenty of stop and start points-it was cleanly written rapidly

Why not post the several exemplars you used in the ten minutes it took you to find and compare them to.

any way you can stop trolling me?

Sure. Stop BSing constantly.

Post the examples you compared so we can do our own comparison.

I don't argue with or justify myself to trolls. Move on.

I probably did what you did-googled Carl Barks signature and looked at the pictures, but it looks pretty solid. These guys authenticate comic sigs I believe:

http://www.csacomics.com/default.htm

That's exactly what I did plus I've had some training in this area. Believe it or not a lot of forgeries can be easily spotted as tracings of the first google hits on that sig. No two real sigs ever follow the same exact lines just as no two fingerprints are alike.

Best just walk away, Kav's giving away "art" so he's very popular with the Who's who of the boards these days.

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can verify signatures as genuine on objects. I have a comic book - Four Color # 223 Donald Duck by Carl Barks (story written and artwork). There is his signature on first page inside - bottom edge, but I'm not able to confirm if it is for real or not?

Try PMing Mr. Zipper here on the boards and ask for advise. Autograph authentication expert, very honest.

Steve Zarelli's Page

Testimonials

Best just walk away, Kav's giving away "art" so he's very popular with the Who's who of the boards these days.

One troll leaves another pops up :facepalm:

Move on with your life you've already made your position clear many many times

Pretty dooshy comment. I recall something about you not doing this any more? How's that going?

Pretty dooshy comment. I recall something about you not doing this any more? How's that going?

Not so hot I suppose. He's still full of mess, so I don't feel too bad though.