• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics at the Victoria & Albert

3 posts in this topic

The Victoria & Albert Museum is one of the major museums in London and it's exhibitions are based around style and design. The building is sub-divided into sections such as Ceramics, Painting & Photography and also by Country and Time Period.

Walking round yesterday, my eyes caught sight of the latest copy of their magazine, with this cover.

vac.jpg

Skimming through I found a 5 page article on comics and decided to buy a copy of the magazine. I've scanned the article below. It won't teach you anything you don't know (except that if you're ever going to donate a comic to a museum, make sure you send them your beat up POS copies), but this is fairly high profile exposure in an audience that would not normally come into contact witht the medium.

va1.jpg

va2.jpg

va3.jpg

va4.jpg

va5.jpg

I tried to get to see the collection in the Art Library, but unfortunately they aren't open on Sunday's. Having accessed the web site though and tried using the search engine there, it looks like a fairly manky collection. I'd be interested to know what they paid for it.

sign-offtopic.gif I originally tried to call this post 'Comics at the V & A' [with no spaces by the ampersand], but this tripped the board censors and turned into 'V&[#@$%!!!]'. Is the first letter of the alphabet that offensive?