• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious to see what the SS room thinks of this cracked book getting a SS label

27 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me (or point me in the right direction) as to why this is bad?

How is this different than sending in a book with a blue label?

(not trolling - genuinely curious)

A CGC employee is supposed to have directly witnessed any signature in a yellow label, with absolutely no exceptions. An artist can't even tell CGC that a book has been signed by them, CGC won't certify it unless they see it. If you crack out a yellow label book without an authorized witness you invalidate the guaranteed authenticity of the yellow label. That is, until today.

Also, it doesn't have to be a CGC employee. Just a CGC approved facilitator/witness.

A CGC employee is supposed to have directly witnessed any signature in a yellow label, with absolutely no exceptions. An artist can't even tell CGC that a book has been signed by them, CGC won't certify it unless they see it. If you crack out a yellow label book without an authorized witness you invalidate the guaranteed authenticity of the yellow label. That is, until today.

Also, it doesn't have to be a CGC employee. Just a CGC approved facilitator/witness.

Who, for all intents and purposes, is a CGC employee (at least a contractor) when the witnessing is done.

The major thing to remember is that when you send a book in with a blue label, CGC is not agreeing that the book was originally with that label. They only note that there was a book with that label and now that label id should be removed from the census.

A cracked out book, whether blue or yellow, is just a book with a piece of paper. Once separated from the plastic their link is broken.

Guest Grails

An error was made and corrected. Doesn't bother me near as much as that Walking Dead incident. The limited run that was released already signed and was given SS status if you submitted it. And then unsigned copies started popping up so while unlikely, someone could forge a signature on the unsigned copy and get automatic SS by sending it in.

Not true there was a deadline for those who had that cover letter. If it wasn't met, then you couldn't get it SSed.

Feel free to send yours in and let me now if Green is your favorite color.

Guest Grails
Not true there was a deadline for those who had that cover letter. If it wasn't met, then you couldn't get it SSed.

Feel free to send yours in and let me now if Green is your favorite color.

I didn't say anything about submitting it today. The deadline was imposed after a thread was created about it and the unsigned copies came to light. So their answer was basically "Hurry up, there is a cut-off period now."

Actual response from CGC:

Due to the unexpected surfacing of unsigned copies of Walking Dead #100 Lucille Variant, and the Signature Series policy conflicts that have arisen due to them, we are putting a time limit on their eligibility for CGC's Signature Series designation.

An error was made and corrected. Doesn't bother me near as much as that Walking Dead incident. The limited run that was released already signed and was given SS status if you submitted it. And then unsigned copies started popping up so while unlikely, someone could forge a signature on the unsigned copy and get automatic SS by sending it in.

:baiting: